Aldi Vs Lidl..... who shops where.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Are they still on the go? They've become completely unobtainable around here, after having been virtually unobtainable for years. I used to use the Campbells condensed mushroom soup for making a chicken & mushroom casserole, and it doesn't taste anywhere near as good made from 'ordinary' soups.

Still available in Tesco here, and I think Waitrose & Sainsbury. We buy the tomato, the mushroom and the chicken ones regularly.

presta

Guru
Still available in Tesco here, and I think Waitrose & Sainsbury. We buy the tomato, the mushroom and the chicken ones regularly.

Sainsburys kept selling them longer than Tesco, but even they've stopped now. Stock lines vary between the two branches of Tesco I use, I forget now when I last checked the one I use least frequently so I'll have a look again next time.

gbb

Legendary Member
But then, who's going to be that concerned or bored enough to actually do the checking - ? :whistle:

11 years ago I was made redundant and had a few weeks with no work. As I a,ways do the shopping anyway, I took to it with extra vigour. We always shop in Asda, a fair priced shop imo. I knew what stuff cost, I've been doing it for years and started picking up odd bits from Aldi, comparing the receipt with Asdas offerings...and vice versa, so I was getting the best price wherever possible.
I came to the conclusion I could save about 10% on a weekly shop by splitting it between the two, but the extra time and effort made it too much effort tbh, double the time, double the fuel.
You can save money but you have to put the effort in...and a fair but of effort. You're not going to get a week's shop cheaper in one place or the other, you have to cherry pick between the two.
If you could really be bothered, I suppose it could work....

presta

Guru
But then, who's going to be that concerned or bored enough to actually do the checking - ? :whistle:

That's how price match works. If you actually reduce the price you lose the difference on every one you sell, but if you just say you've reduced the price, then you only lose the difference when the customers bother to check.

Top Bottom