Aldi Winter stuff - 28th Sept 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Merino jersey for £19.99, seems too good to be true...

You might find these are merino and something else blend. Maybe not 100% merino.

I am not able to check the Aldi website, but details of the special buy products will surely be posted soon.....

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I don't think the recent offers at Aldi (and at Lidl, to be fair) have matched those of a few years ago in terms of quality or range.

But, this offering sounds quite promising - and if Aldi have cycling stuff on offer, Lidl usually do as well.

The lights are normally good value. I haven't bought any clothes recently but might take a look at the Merino stuff. I think I bought Mrs C one last time and she said it was scratchy.

I bought on of the merino jumpers a few years ago, and it turned out to be only a few percent merino. It is OK though. The merino baselayers are a bit scratchy, but are very good as a second layer over wicking fabric. Aldi stuff is good value, especially for newbies as it gives you the chance to try out stuff and see if it is useful to you.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm looking forward to seeing if the winter windproof jackets for women come in colours other than pink this time. :rolleyes:
What do you mean not all women want to wear pink and not all men want to wear blue?
Witch_burning_gummy_bears.jpg

Anyway, not all Aldi stuff is great. Much more hit and miss than Lidl. Last panniers I bought there didn't last 6 weeks. The last round of lights seems to have suffered from weak/snapped mounting points, from what I've seen IRL.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Bought one of their ski compression tops a couple of years ago. Love wearing it on the bike, although for me generally only wearable in winter as it is too warm otherwise. Rain jacket has been excellent too.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
All the stuff ive bought has allways been fine.If its not then you can return it,there good about honouring guarantees.
The failures have been design flaws rather than manufacturing defects and because it's not a shop I usually visit (ours is small and not in a great location for cycling access), bluntly my time going back would cost more than the refund. I suspect they make a fair chunk of their money on specials like that because I think they've gone downhill the last two or three years.

Top Bottom