Alexei Sayle's £25000 bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But why would somebody who is interested in expensive cars buy this bike? It is not like the Porsche bicycle I reviewed a while back, which seemed a lifestyle accessory, something you could pootle down to the yacht club on. The person who acquired a One-77 bicycle would have to be a serious cyclist, or at least think he or she is, because this is a very demanding machine. To ride, the Aston feels like many other high-end, carbon racing bikes, much stiffer than the alloy frame I own, transmitting every bump straight up your arms, but impressively responsive at the same time, and the flat, wide, leather-covered tops to the bars are at least extremely comfortable to rest your hands on.

I'd like to tell you about the electronic Shimano Di2 gears, which I've never used before, but I set off without asking how they worked, so couldn't change up or down. They certainly looked buttery smooth when they showed me them afterwards in the factory in Diss where, along with bf1systems, Factor Cycles manufactures the One-77 bicycle.
And it is back at the factory where the real point of this machine was revealed. The type of person who has enough money to buy one is likely to be a very driven individual, and what makes the One-77 unique is that it is loaded with all kinds of built-in electronic monitoring systems, derived from bf1systems' work with sports car makers and in F1. My bike was plugged into a computer and there on the screen, in a series of colourful graphs, numbers and wiggly lines, every aspect of my performance was displayed.

Alexei-bike_2442885c.jpg

The computer looks awful:

Alexei-bike-detail_2442883c.jpg

Lights (LEDs) built into the seatpost and bars.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...ayle-Pedalling-the-dream-on-a-25000-bike.html

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Oh, that looks really nice.

Can we have a somewhat insincere smiley please?

I wonder if Colnago have ever built a car for a laugh?
Not quite but....................xx(

th_8ed9c1ce78866d059886ff20cf9118da_cf8main31.jpg

Top Bottom