Alexei Sayle's £25000 bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

campbellab

Alexei-bike_2442885c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...ayle-Pedalling-the-dream-on-a-25000-bike.html

All that money and no mudguards? :sad:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Alexei-bike-ride_2442884c.jpg

"You can imagine that this would be absolutely addictive for a high-performing hedge-fund manager: going out for longer and longer rides at four in the morning then getting back to his luxury apartment and poring over his performance, striving each day to shave a second off his time and add a watt of power, until finally he is run over by a cement-mixer turning left without noticing him. "

Is this not a re-branded version of the machine The Gadget Show tested some months ago... with the presenter hanging off the saddle like Randy Mamola while descending with the disc and caliper on different sides of the front wheel?

If not, it is a pretty close copy.

There are more vulgar things at more absurd prices. But they are few.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
One of my customers (more money than sense) is about to buy one of those Smart Ebike thingies. £2500 apparently. They were pretty unimpressed when I said that he could get a decent bike for that money. He says that he doesn't 'do' uphill. This is Norfolk so I can't see what the problem is.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Good on Alexi for getting out on a bike, but dear god, he could have got a better one. He could have got loads of bikes for that money (one of every type in fact...fixie, hybrid, road, tourer, mtb, cross, recumbant etc...). I can't imagine it would make any performance difference to him over a £500 bike. Ok some people like to buy the best or buy for looks, and that's ok, but that's one UGLY bike.

Sayle has been a keen cyclist for many years - since before many members of this forum were born. And, just to point out: He didn't buy this bike - he borrowed it for a review, just as Jeremy Clarkson doesn't buy every Bugatti, Ferrari, Porsche or Spyker that he hoons around in.

I've seen Sayle on a Pete Matthews and a Dawes, but I think he has several more.

Top Bottom