All I want for Christmas is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Cheaper alternatives are available for around 40-50 quid but they look to be a lot bulkier.

I buy my gloves in the local market for a couple of quid, I wouldn't pay much more than that for a pair of gloves.

figbat

Slippery scientist
- New 9 speed jockey wheels (mine are worn to a nub)
- New overshoes (mine have holes)
- New shortsleeve jersey (More holes)
- A Gravel Bike
- Set of 700c 9/10/11 speed wheels

Do you want these for Christmas, or just want them? I can see overshoes, jerseys and gloves being a nice gift but jockey wheels and wheels I’d just get myself. Same for the bike - if buying something requires a significant input from me then there’s no point making it a Christmas present, it’s just buying a thing near Christmas.

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh too much like hard work ! :whistle:

Get one of your offspring to do it, earn their keep!

figbat

Slippery scientist
If anyone wants a glove recommendation to hint at Mr Claus, I can tell you that on Wednesday evening I rode a MTB for just under 2 hours in temperature that registered down to -9°C on my Wahoo and my hands stayed warm. I was wearing the Planet-X 'lobster claw' gloves with thin merino glove liners underneath. I was also well-layered on the torso and dual-layered on the legs.

gzoom

Über Member
....and it's here, just in time for Xmas :smile:.

The Boardman always felt like a bad bike made good by the Fazua motor. The Creo feels like a proper pedal bike that happens to have a motor.

The frame/finish is on a totally different level to the Boardman. Amazingly despite having semi-uspension at the front, a 30% larger battery than the Boardman, it comes in 2kg lighter.

The question is now if I 'ruin' the Creo with mudguards and pannier?? Or just keep it for the occasion summer ride......the former I recon, after all what's the point of a nice bike if you don't use it :smile:.

52581229807_439e364551_c_d.jpg

52581229607_e827b6e7d9_c_d.jpg

52581229462_6ee4e87ca4_c_d.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If Mrs CK operation goes well next year i will be happy , other than that this cold i have had for 2 weeks now can fark right off ,
Other than that the new colnalgo would go down a treat if anyone has a spare one please ? :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
....and it's here, just in time for Xmas :smile:.

The Boardman always felt like a bad bike made good by the Fazua motor. The Creo feels like a proper pedal bike that happens to have a motor.

The frame/finish is on a totally different level to the Boardman. Amazingly despite having semi-uspension at the front, a 30% larger battery than the Boardman, it comes in 2kg lighter.

The question is now if I 'ruin' the Creo with mudguards and pannier?? Or just keep it for the occasion summer ride......the former I recon, after all what's the point of a nice bike if you don't use it :smile:.

View attachment 672073

View attachment 672074

View attachment 672075

Nice and stealthy - cool looking bike. Enjoy!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Needs must. You’d pay whatever it takes if you suffering enough.

Simon was saying he'd tried all manner of gloves which were no good due to Raynaud's. Heated sounds like the only option left.

its worth a shot , if my hands go i find even using a hot hand drier doesnt help . running under the hot tap i have to move to water spout about to get every bit of the finger to recolour as just running it on one spot only changes that spot so the middle of the finger can regain colour but either side can still be white

Top Bottom