All shopped out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cd365

Guru
Or so I thought! I managed to hold out against all of the Xmas sales, did not buy anything for the bike at all. All I bought, and this was last week, is a multi-tool.
Last night I ordered a Campagnalo Zonda wheelset, needed, nope, wanted yes.

It has started again! The constant need to buy!!

bpsmith

Veteran
You will not be alone!

I think the longer you wait, the bigger the splurge will be...resulting in the same overall spend over time. :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Not being able to cycle is saving me a fortune on stuff, spending on bus fares though as I can't drive either! Did just pay a deposit for a rather expensive holiday in November however!

cashy293

I did splash out on a set of lights last night so I can now do a few "night" rides with a few guys who go out on Wednesday nights.

Mrs told me yesterday that I have to babysit tonight whilst she goes to the cinema to watch 50 shades of gray so I cant go tonight :angry:.

On the plus point, she might want to try out a few "things" when she gets home so might not be all bad. Hopefully no ropes will be used! :evil:

Last edited:

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
I have this problem also, I blame my old friend and ex-neighbor who gave me a "fixer-upper" fixed gear bike.. I'd just got the road bike how I like it and now I have another toy to kit out... the whole "I could just get this.." then the "oh and that looks good too, I'll just add that to my basket" and before you know it I've exhausted way to much of my finances on bikes again! haha

OP
OP
cd365

cd365

Guru
My wheels have turned up, there is a job for Saturday morning.....or maybe tonight!
Two of my bikes will be getting upgraded wheels!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
upgrades?

I only buy bits to replace when things wear out.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I regularly see riders on bikes on which very little money has been spent for a long time.

Then there's the likes of me, not quite 'all the gear, no idea', but I do like to ride newish bikes and spend on bits and pieces.

Happily, cycling is still a broad church.

OP
OP
cd365

cd365

Guru
Wheel off old bike, ultegra cassette off, old 105 cassette put on.
Tyres, innertubes and cassette on. Hopefully I will get a chance at the weekend to give them a spin

Top Bottom