Allen Bolt Rounded Off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I've gone over to hammering spline bits into the heads if the torx fails, to be fair the spline bits get more purchase.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

I've gone over to hammering spline bits into the heads if the torx fails, to be fair the spline bits get more purchase.
I need to get more tools :wacko:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
This may seem strange, but could I put some superglue in the bolt or on the end of the Allen key and leave it to dry, and then turn it and see if it works.
????
You can always try it, nothing to lose. your local diy shop will sell stud extractors with a left hand thread that will fit into the head of the bolt then you can just wind it out. http://www.screwfix.com/p/screw-extractor-5-piece-set/18643?kpid=18643&cm_mmc=Google:tired:Product Listing Ads:tired:Sales Tracking:tired:sales tracking url&gclid=COW8qaTSsNACFQIW0wodUNIIxw

screenman

Legendary Member
Are the bolts the tiny 3 or 4 mm one's that tighten my grips on. I doubt a Grabit will work.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

If the Allen key has rounded the bolt head out it isn't fine, get a decent set of Allen keys too.
I believe they wer stripped before I even tried because my Allen keys are decent. Very trusty but the bolt is visually rounded.

Top Bottom