Alpe Du Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Look out for a group ride on the events list going up it, might help with pacing :okay: This Sunday, Pack are going up at 15:30hrs Sub2 pace 1.6-1.9w/kg If I make the ride, I'll be the dodgy bloke at the back with the red beacon ^_^

OP
OP
Dan77

Dan77

Look out for a group ride on the events list going up it, might help with pacing :okay: This Sunday, Pack are going up at 15:30hrs Sub2 pace 1.6-1.9w/kg If I make the ride, I'll be the dodgy bloke at the back with the red beacon ^_^
I saw that. Would have delayed my attempt to be a part of it but timing is bad for me. I'll be on the 9:30am ride tomorrow.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I saw that. Would have delayed my attempt to be a part of it but timing is bad for me. I'll be on the 9:30am ride tomorrow.
The Sunday rides are normally bad timing for me too, don't know why I'm top of sweep list, but tomorrow I've not much on so may make it, but I'm doing the Pretzel at 8am so it depends on my legs being willing :laugh: I'll be hanging around near the back as usual this morning :okay:

BurningLegs

Veteran
How much sweeping can really be done on the Alpe? On the flat it makes a lot of sense to try and pull people into a group but the gradient means the drafting isn’t really in play on the Alpe?! 🤔

Soltydog

Legendary Member
How much sweeping can really be done on the Alpe? On the flat it makes a lot of sense to try and pull people into a group but the gradient means the drafting isn’t really in play on the Alpe?! 🤔
Not much sweeping at all, its just a case of sticking with & encouraging slower riders. Hopefully it wont be too bad, but when they do it at 'beginners pace' 1.5 there's some folk really struggling . It'll be first time i've done it with red beacon, i've helped out before & been way off the back with riders, not even caught the group when they stop at various rest points, but with the red beacon I won't be dropping too far back, hopefully :blush:

CXRAndy

Guru
Think from memory there are a couple of bits at 13% , the first part is steepest but there is a kick later on
Maybe turn resistance down a bit but I am with burninglegs , why tackle a climb that isn’t going to feel like a climb
Just my opinion though
Enjoy it , you know what pace you can sustain so just ignore what others are doing - and look out for the yeti

Berty you should know the climb well having lived up top for a week. Some smart person booked accommodation there:tongue:

Ps Ill add photos later
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/turbo-club-meet-ups-events.224176/post-5397244 :biggrin:

20180701_143927.jpg

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've done some calculations and I reckon if I start tomorrow morning, I'll get to the top around the same time I'm likely to get my vaccine jab for covid 19.

straas

Matt
Can you get right to the start when you reach level 12?

I don't really have enough time to do the climb via the fire and ice route.

Top Bottom