Alpe Du Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I normally only take single rest days. Am I not giving myself enough time?

Everyone is different, however when going for a full tilt effort, 2-3days rest or very, very easy short period cycling will help recharge your batteries-so to speak.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Did AdZ for the first time tonight: 66:13 @ 228W average. My FTP last week was 246W. I might try doing a threshold workout in erg mode up there some time...

edit: and I got the bleedin’ gloves!
I'm fairly new onto Zwift, having previously used Trainer Road. I did the Ride to the Sky route as part of the Tour de Zwift this weekend and managed 78:18 for the Alp du Zwift segment, so pretty chuffed. 2.4w/Kg average and I know I could go a bit quicker. I intend to drop a few kilos which have crept on over Xmas, so hope that by the time I get to Level 12 I'll be able to knock some more time off.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Well done on your time up the Alpe, @Scottish Scrutineer.
I think that Alpe du Zwift used to be level-locked to Level 12, but now you can go up at a mere Level 6.

I did the TdZ 'Shorter' Stage 3 today - my first experience of the radio tower! I made the mistake of getting on the wrong side of a little split at the start, having to do a little stint of 400W to bridge across to the leaders, then falling further and further out of contention as I succumbed to the 'double-leg-puncture' up the back of the Epic KOM. At least I won the two-up sprint for 11th!

Legs

Nice numbers legs :notworthy: .... can I be intrusive and ask your age/weight please ?
I’m 39, 189cm tall and 73kg. I used to race TTs as a junior and when at University, but in recent years, family life has made finding the time to ride tricky... until Zwift came along! Fully expecting the ‘noob gains’ to plateau off!

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
I’m 39, 189cm tall and 73kg. I used to race TTs as a junior and when at University, but in recent years, family life has made finding the time to ride tricky... until Zwift came along! Fully expecting the ‘noob gains’ to plateau off!
Wow - even more impressive - thank you :becool:

mjd1988

Guru

Cracking time! Especially as zwifts alorgithm doesn't like tall people

Legs

Thanks Michael. I'm planning to ride it in the slipstream of my brother (who, with an FTP of 327 @ 68.5kg, is something of a real mountain goat) and see how far below 50 minutes I can get!

Top Bottom