Also off my bike for a while... I think... now definitely!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Second shoulder op done. No pain yet due to numb arm from nerve block!
Hope the recovery goes much better this time. Came across the thread having searched for 'rotator' after steroid injections in both shoulders today, with the possibity of surgery down the line. Not happy at the prospect, as I've lost a lot of bike time and fitness after hip replacement in the summer, and the prospect of more weeks of recovery after surgery isn't very appealing. Hope the injections work ......

vickster

Legendary Member
Long May that continue. Hopefully, you will recover quickly.
The block started to wear off around 2am, pain kicked in around 5. Seems ok with painkillers unless I try to lift my arm. Need to remove sling and get it moving today. First physio session on Xmas eve :snowball:

Slick

Guru
Oooooh, not ideally how you want to be spending Christmas Eve. Of course, it could help almost immediately, but I doubt it. My advice, fill up on Christmas cheer and refrain from ever trying to lift your arm until Easter.

vickster

Legendary Member
Oooooh, not ideally how you want to be spending Christmas Eve. Of course, it could help almost immediately, but I doubt it. My advice, fill up on Christmas cheer and refrain from ever trying to lift your arm until Easter.
I have to get it moving ASAP so it doesn't stiffen up again! Don't want more surgery! They only prescribed paracetamol, hopefully thus I can use booze (in moderation) for pain management rather than opiates ;)

Slick

Guru
Yeah, I thought that would be the case re movement. Real advice would be, do your exercises, take your tablets and give the booze a miss. Not as much fun but probably a bit more chance of recovery. I would assume rest, will be almost as important in between stretching sessions?

vickster

Legendary Member
I dont have specific exercises right now, I assume I'll do those with the Physio on Saturday. I have to do the delightful sleeper stretches on surgeon's orders. I think it'll hurt as the wounds are sore, I'll need to psych myself up.

I won't drink much but I do like a glass of red with my turkey and champagne with present opening

Had a 3 hour sleep this afternoon, so I have the rest covered

vickster

Legendary Member
3 week follow up. Range is coming back slowly (5 sessions of physio torture so far) but still quite restricted by pain, esp at night :sad: Surgeon has prescribed a different NSAID which will hopefully help the healing and told me to stop any physio exercises for strengthening, do fewer exercises, concentrate on stretching especially the back of the shoulder. Next appointment in 6 weeks.
Allowed now to drive if comfortable to do so, which should please my poor PF plagued foot (and enable me to get places more easily)
No cycling until at least March I reckon (way too cold for me anyhow)

Top Bottom