Also off my bike for a while... I think... now definitely!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AM1

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So almost another week on, managed 50km on MTB, this is the view of Manchester and Oldham areas taken from Werneth Low which itself is a bit of a challenge for an old duffer like me ^_^

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 81

AM1

image.jpeg
So 4 weeks on and almost fully healed on the outside, I found out today that the reason why I had 4 incisions was due to the surgeon shaving my collar bone at the same time

vickster

Legendary Member
Still lots of pain here not helped by lots of computer work :sad:. Somehow feels like a trapped nerve or tendinitis

Proper Physio starts next week

AM1

Still lots of pain here not helped by lots of computer work :sad:. Somehow feels like a trapped nerve or tendinitis

Proper Physio starts next week

In my physio class they stop you from carrying out the excercises if it hurts so maybe you need to see your consultant again?

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm not yet doing Physio. With the Labral repair, rehab doesn't start until week 6. I've seen her for some soft tissue massage, ultrasound and acupuncture. It didn't seem to make a difference so I'm saving my precious bupa appointments :smile:

Reactions: AM1

vickster

Legendary Member
Now 8 weeks post op and 3 weeks into rehab programme. Good Rom up and forwards albeit with pain, to the side and behind still very ouchy! Physio not concerned.
Continue to overuse the arm at work which isn't helping. Taking plenty of painkillers but not sleeping well as getting comfortable is hard

It should continue to get better, the key is to persevere and not let it stiffen up

Ok to try to start driving but with the warmer weather all the walking is better now

Upwards and forwards, hopefully sideways and backwards will come!

:smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sounds good(-ish) - I hope that current progress progresses progressively!

Funny things, shoulders ... I managed to damage both of mine. One of them was just by reaching behind me to turn off an alarm clock. I can't remember what I did to the other one but it was something just as trivial.

I am ok carrying things and cycling, but my range of movement has been affected and I get a lot of discomfort if I try to use my chin-dip station.

subaqua

What’s the point
chin dip station . is that a mayo bucket round your neck ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds good(-ish) - I hope that current progress progresses progressively!

Funny things, shoulders ... I managed to damage both of mine. One of them was just by reaching behind me to turn off an alarm clock. I can't remember what I did to the other one but it was something just as trivial.

I am ok carrying things and cycling, but my range of movement has been affected and I get a lot of discomfort if I try to use my chin-dip station.
I'm not 100% sure what I did to mine but I suspect it may have been something to do with unexpectedly shoulder barging the A24!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm not 100% sure what I did to mine but I suspect it may have been something to do with unexpectedly shoulder barging the A24!!
Yeah, that usually ends in tears! Funnily enough, it also applies to all the other 'A' roads, 'B' roads and unclassified roads too ...

I'm fairly sure that I broke a collarbone as a teenager when I endoed my friend's bike. It was an extremely painful injury and I adopted the classic defensive 'bent arm, grasping shirt' posture. I didn't go to hospital but spent about 6 weeks in pain with my arm in a sling, which is about the time it takes for a simple break to mend.

vickster

Legendary Member
Saw the surgeon today as I've been having a lot of ongoing pain. He has confirmed that my posterior capsule is silly tight and has given me some evilly painful stretches to do for the next 6 weeks

The good news however is...if I feel able...and it's not too painful...and I'm careful.....

I can cycle :hyper:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good news indeed.

I spent an hour on an MTB pump track today, just 6 months after breaking my spine. Fortunately, it's smooth compared to Peak District, but there are loads of up and downs, which did push my back and neck a fair bit. Crashing was a worry, but after 30 mins we were blasting down the 4 runs.

Top Bottom