Also off my bike for a while... I think... now definitely!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, good luck all. I haven't read all the posts because I am squeamish and don't like hospitals/medical procedures!

AM1

All the surgeon said was that the procedure went as planned and he found nothing else untoward going on although I am going to ask him why I needed 4 holes because he only ever mentioned having to do 3

I have no idea as to why my bicep should be badly bruised, I can only think I must have been putting up a bit of a fight lol :boxing: which would be typical of me as i can be a bit awkward ^_^

No pain at all though, just some discomfort where the Dremel has been in use!

Wishing a speedy recovery to all ( I'm hoping to be back on :bicycle: in 2 weeks )

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Mrs Scoosh had a sub-acromial decompression and something else (extension arthogram ?) two years ago. Had the op on Thursday, in at the physio on Friday morning with exercises every 2 hours ! She really stuck at it, kept taking the painkillers, worked very hard for at least a year and now she has about 98% mobility. :wahhey: Her goal was to be able to return to do her BritMilFit classes, which she has been doing fine for over a year now.

Overall, a great success but with quite a bit of pain, sheer grit and determination on the way. Mrs Scoosh is also no 'spring chicken' - she has a significant birthday coming up this year - something to do with approaching what should have been her retiral age ... :whistle:

As has been said, it's a marathon rather than a sprint journey but stick with it, work hard at the physio and you can surprise the physios !
For those desperate to get back on the bike and keep the legs moving - there's always
radler.gif
:thumbsup:.

Wishing you all a very successful recovery. :smile:

Reactions: AM1

vickster

Legendary Member
All the surgeon said was that the procedure went as planned and he found nothing else untoward going on although I am going to ask him why I needed 4 holes because he only ever mentioned having to do 3

I have no idea as to why my bicep should be badly bruised, I can only think I must have been putting up a bit of a fight lol :boxing: which would be typical of me as i can be a bit awkward ^_^

No pain at all though, just some discomfort where the Dremel has been in use!

Wishing a speedy recovery to all ( I'm hoping to be back on :bicycle: in 2 weeks )

To be fair, my surgeon said he may need 4 holes too, so must be a reason based on anatomy or doing the procedure optimally, be interested to know

Sounds like your recovery is going great. I'm hoping the surgeon will at least clear me to start with the physio after I see him at week 3. The posterior labral repair has a pretty conservative rehab, presumably to let the bone plugs incorporate and the whole lot to heal up!
I have to say using my non dominant arm for most things is getting tiresome! The true test will be when I go back to my computer based office job on the 4th

vickster

Legendary Member
2.5 weeks out now, lots of pain still :sad: some even slight movements can cause a very sharp ouch in my upper arm/bicep. I wonder if I've overdone it despite being pretty careful and have got some biceps tendinitis again. I'm also still struggling to get comfortable at night, so relying on tramadol to knock me out
If walking without the sling, I get a burning around the shoulder. If using the sling, my bicep starts to hurt fairly quickly

See the surgeon on Wednesday, will see what he says. Perhaps a steroid injection or some physio will help with the pain. There's no way I would be able to drive a car or ride a bike right now, so I've bought a monthly season ticket to get to work by train. Back to work tomorrow, will have to see how I go, I did use mouse / keyboard earlier this week which was ok for about an hour, will just need to have regular breaks from my desk

Zeffer

Thank goodness for Tramadol, it's the only way I am sleeping at the moment but have been on it for six weeks now so starting the reducing. Hope work goes OK, stick to the plan of regular breaks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank goodness for Tramadol, it's the only way I am sleeping at the moment but have been on it for six weeks now so starting the reducing. Hope work goes OK, stick to the plan of regular breaks!
I'm switching between tramadol and co dydramol, I can take the latter during the day, one tablet plus a paracetamol. Tramadol makes me too dopey to function, let alone concentrate and work!

How's your healing going? :smile:

Zeffer

I still ache but it's no longer unbearable. I can also manage my exercises more easily. This Wednesday is important as I find out if I can go full weight-bearing. If I can then the Physios will change my exercises and six more weeks and I'll be back to work. Slow and steady!

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you been cleared to use the shoulder in that way? Seems like a good excuse to avoid the horror of DIY ;)

Top Bottom