Also off my bike for a while... I think... now definitely!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AM1

image.jpeg
Well it's now my turn on Tuesday for the subacromial decompression procedure,can't say that I'm looking forward to it but I cannot stand the pain much longer so I have no choice

vickster

Legendary Member
Reactions: AM1

vickster

Legendary Member
My friend just had a decompression done. She's been in pain for months, and could no longer do the things she enjoyed (I met her when she coached me rowing, and she's moved to running and cycling). She also had trouble walking or driving. Her problem is a congenital degeneration of her discs. The procedure was a success, but it's pretty serious surgery. She's out and about and her pain is much reduced. She's doing really well, but is a long way from being back on a bike or running - physio just laughs when she asks "how long?"

The good thing about being in pain is it's a no brainer. You know you are making the right decision.

Good luck and GWS!
Wasn't it her spine not shoulder?? The other poster is referring to scrape of acromium not disc

AM1

Wasn't it her spine not shoulder?? The other poster is referring to scrape of acromium not disc

The thing that is really bothering me is how long I will be off the bike for, I've trained really hard over the winter and I am now covering distances I could only have dreamt of 12 months ago

My consultant said post op that if it hurts don't do it so hoping to be back on the bike by the weekend :bicycle::hyper:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm expecting to be off for at least 4 months...my surgeon told me I'd be able to use a turbo sooner. No driving for 8 weeks either (which seems quite normal for shoulder arthroscopy having spoken to a colleague who had some calcific deposit removed)

I can't even lift my arm comfortably

Did you look at the link I posted, which says... Please note it can take 9 months following surgery until the pre-operative symptoms have settled!

Reactions: AM1

AM1

I'm expecting to be off for at least 4 months...my surgeon told me I'd be able to use a turbo sooner. No driving for 8 weeks either (which seems quite normal for shoulder arthroscopy having spoken to a colleague who had some calcific deposit removed)

I can't even lift my arm comfortably

Did you look at the link I posted, which says... Please note it can take 9 months following surgery until the pre-operative symptoms have settled!

Yes I did thank you, trying to be positive!, my consultant has stated no driving for 2 weeks then go back to see him after week 3 and take it from there although work are expecting me back in week 4, we shall see about that, I'm determined not to be off my bike for very long though!:training:

Top Bottom