Also off my bike for a while... I think... now definitely!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AM1

Ah well what's the worst that can happen :whistle:

Lol, good luck with your recovery :training:

rounded_bone_saw.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
No :training: for me...I'm still not allowed to use my bicep to lift more than a kilo :headshake:...I shouldn't even be lifting the kettle to make :cuppa:

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Crikey AM, I really hope you don't regret that....
No :training: for me...I'm still not allowed to use my bicep to lift more than a kilo :headshake:...I shouldn't even be lifting the kettle to make :cuppa:
Aww. Really sorry you're having a bit of a rough time. Don't push it. The recovery times given for most operations seem to me to be wildly optimistic anyway, seems like they just make you feel worse that you're not in the top 1% of recoverers (is that a word?). I would mention Amitryptaline again (spelling?) if the pain is nerve pain, but if you're aware of previous tendonitis then I'm sure you are best placed to tell what it is. And for that I think the only cure is rest....

Good luck all of you xx

vickster

Legendary Member
Got through work ok...possibly helped by being slightly stoned in meetings all afternoon after a co dydramol at lunchtime!

Getting up at 7 was a shock...I'm not sure I'd been up much before 9 (or 10 or 11) any day since the op! Working at home on Weds and Fri I think so will get a bit of a lie in!

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Got through work ok...possibly helped by being slightly stoned in meetings all afternoon after a co dydramol at lunchtime!

Getting up at 7 was a shock...I'm not sure I'd been up much before 9 (or 10 or 11) any day since the op! Working at home on Weds and Fri I think so will get a bit of a lie in!
I have lain down SO MUCH over the last year! I'm back to "normal" now I think - my frozen shoulder restricts a few movements still but I've just come back from a very good week's skiing during which I truly didn't notice my shoulder at all. Hurrah!

vickster

Legendary Member
Ugh today was rough at work :sad: I needed co dydramol at 4 and to put the sling on just to try to stop me using my arm
..and tramadol when I got home at around 6.30. Not ideal!

vickster

Legendary Member
Hope that finally did the trick. I'm having an achy day for some reason too.
Just retired to bed with another paracetamol and a co dydramol. Hopefully sleep better than last night when I decided to forego the tramadol. Hoping the surgeon has some advice tomorrow or it's going to be a long crazy and sore month at work...they don't seem to have considered easing me back in gently! :ohmy:

Zeffer

Phased return would make sense?! I had a bad night and may take an extra Tramadol in the early hours to get some sleep.

vickster

Legendary Member
Phased return would make sense?! I had a bad night and may take an extra Tramadol in the early hours to get some sleep.
Unfortunately I'm a contractor...I've not worked for 5 weeks (holiday which was booked before surgery scheduled and then the op)...no work, no pay
...working at home tomorrow should be better, especially with the break to go to the hospital

vickster

Legendary Member
I started my physio yesterday and although it was quite painful for a few hours afterwards today it feels a whole lot better!
I saw the surgeon, I'm starting gentle stuff with the physio tomorrow to try to loosen everything up and ease the pain. In 3 weeks time, will start to strengthen etc

See him again on 1 June...so definitely wont be going near a bike before then unsurprisingly

@Zeffer how did your appointment go?

Reactions: AM1
Top Bottom