Alternative to M&S Cycling Chino's For Commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Based on info here I picked up a pair of M&S cycling chino's last year, or maybe the year before on sale for £10. They work perfectly for my 8 - 10 mile daily coummute in the winter over either shorts or tights depending on temperature.
Since M&S no longer sell these, I'm after a good alternative as my current ones won't last forever..

Based on info here I picked up a pair of M&S cycling chino's last year, or maybe the year before on sale for £10. They work perfectly for my 8 - 10 mile daily coummute in the winter over either shorts or tights depending on temperature.
Since M&S no longer sell these, I'm after a good alternative as my current ones won't last forever..
You've done well for them to last that long. I bought two pair and they're both in the bin now. The only things I can think are things like Endura Humvees.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
My work suits are M&S. The one I'm wearing today is a good three years old and hasn't worn out yet.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
[QUOTE 4956833, member: 259"]Yes but for an 8 to 10 mile commute though?[/QUOTE]
My commute is in the same league - it's 5 miles. 8 to 10 miles is a potter. I'd not bother with cycling shorts, and suspect they might be accelerating the wear on the trousers.

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Yeah, but you could wear a cycle clip round your ankle.
Why dont you just wear a pair of tights suitable for the weather? it seems a faff to wear trousers over tights.

The girls at work would disagree.....Trousers (or shorts in Summer) are a requirement..

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
The girls at work would disagree.....Trousers (or shorts in Summer) are a requirement..

??? Can't you either carry a change or leave trousers at work and then you can cycle in cycling gear. I'm assuming you don't currently spend all day in padded cycling shorts underneath your chinos. If you do then apologies but that would fall into the weird category in my book.

Tin Pot

Guru
Are they baggy at the bottom? I wear Craghoppers for camping and they would get hooked up on the chainrings.
img6744_large.jpg

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
??? Can't you either carry a change or leave trousers at work and then you can cycle in cycling gear. I'm assuming you don't currently spend all day in padded cycling shorts underneath your chinos. If you do then apologies but that would fall into the weird category in my book.

I have to walk through a rather large office to get to the locker room etc, so need to be wearing suitable clothing..

Tin Pot

Guru
If you're just looking for a M&S replacement the clothing lines in the big supermarkets should fit the bill as they seem to have taken over from the popular lines Marks used to sell. George at Asda has some decent stuff and Tu at Sainsbury's is worth a try.

Edit: there you go https://direct.asda.com/george/men/trousers/belted-chinos/GEM551422,default,pd.html
They even throw in a belt.

... this pair of chinos comes with a detachable belt so you're all styled up and ready to go.

:laugh:

I just bought two pairs of the cheapest M&S jeans. Put one pair on this morning and the wife just took the piss :cry:

Top Bottom