Alternative to stock part for FSA Vision TT brake cables

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Does anyone know of a safe alternative for the FSA Vision brake cable?... I'm fitting them to a Brompton kitted out with Nitto bullhorns and unfortunately the front cable supplied in the FSA kit is just a bit too short, so I'm looking for an alternative (otherwise I'm going to have to buy a complete extra set of cables and find someone who is a gorilla on their front brake to sell spare fronts too.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Do you mean just the outer? If so you can join two together. I think there is a special joiner for this but you can use part of a 'noodle' from a V brake instead.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
No, the inner, the outer I can run in decent quality Jagwire outer if I must, plus the Brompton uses a two-piece outer for the front anyway, with a joiner that acts as a cable gatherer for the other cables, but the Vision inner is only 850mm long, plenty enough for a roadie, nothing like enough to reach all the way down to a Brompton under-pull caliper... which gives me an idea, somewhere I have a Tektro caliper I was planning on fitting to one of my other Bromptons, it might well be that I can get it to work and as that is a normal top pull dual-pivot it should mean the cable requirement is shorter...

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Or possibly even a Campagnolo Veloce one on a drop-mount.... will have to see if it will clear the tyres I'm using, I know it won't clear a marathon and I know it will clear a Strozzapretti, the question is, will it clear a Kojakl?

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
No, that one has gone down in flames, if I fit a top-pull caliper I can't have a luggage block.... and I need the luggage block.... So it's back to looking for an alternate for the FSA cable or locating a source of rear inners that I can acquire...

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Bizarrely, Halfords of all places seems to stock the Vision inner cables for a reasonable price, so for the moment I'm going to go with getting extra rears and selling the fronts on I suppose. .... Now to find out if they'll play nicely with Jagwire Elite Link outers, those Vision outers are dull as... meanwhile I'll need moral support to brave the terrible place of BSO's....

Top Bottom