Aluminium mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

alecstilleyedye said:
my sks guards were a bugger to fit and still require the front tyre to run at 80psi to avoid rubbing. still, they do the job and you know who hasn't visited the front tyre yet.

I have the "proper" SKS guards. They are a bit fiddly to fit, I agree. I solved the problem of the front guard rubbing on the tyre by cutting off the top of the brake mounting point on the guard, which allowed them to be fitted with more clearance. Since that they have been perfect.

U

User482

alecstilleyedye said:
my sks guards were a bugger to fit and still require the front tyre to run at 80psi to avoid rubbing. still, they do the job and you know who hasn't visited the front tyre yet.

I have the "proper" SKS guards. They are a bit fiddly to fit, I agree. I solved the problem of the front guard rubbing on the tyre by cutting off the top of the brake mounting point on the guard, which allowed them to be fitted with more clearance. Since that they have been perfect.

Zoiders

Ally gaurds are dangerous, plastic are used for a reason, they give way if anything gets caught in them

Ally stops you dead, some times they roll up between the tyre and the frame if an object gets in there, it aint pretty

Zoiders

Ally gaurds are dangerous, plastic are used for a reason, they give way if anything gets caught in them

Ally stops you dead, some times they roll up between the tyre and the frame if an object gets in there, it aint pretty

buddha

Veteran
I have some SKS Blumels on my Pompino - which isn't that much different from your Kaffenback (I think) apart from the rear dropout of course.
Easy to fit as long as you don't go for the 45mm ones. Don't rattle about and look okay. And best of all they were only about £16 from wiggle IIRC.

Top Bottom