Always been weight obsessed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sasquath

Sheesh, Bradley Wiggins weighed that at 6'3", you've a long way to go...
I'm 6'3"(192cm to be precise) and when weighted 165lb at highschool I was asked if everything is ok at home and if I needed subsidised school dinners...

170cm and 79kg or 5ft 7” and 12st 4lb. I’m overweight and would like to get back down to 11st but struggling. My Wiggins Rouen feels a lot lighter than my previous Boardman CX and probably is but I am missing disc brakes so would take a weight penalty anyday so long as it is on the bike and not me!
I am working on losing the belly!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thank you for using the proper terminology for body weights. STONEs please everybody - "150lbs" just sounds american to my ears, and it takes me an age to turn it into proper old money! :P
:smile:
I can understand stones and lbs. I can understand kilos. Ditto metres or cm, and feet and inches. No probs.

But lbs alone?. It's like giving your height in walnuts. Madness.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Some people are just not up for a challenge :-)
Ok, here we go
1632903978202.png

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I'm 5' 5" / 165cm, 9st 6lb / 60 kg, and 74 years old, and my leg muscles don't work very well nowadays. I've found lighter bikes are definitely less effort to ride than heavier ones. I need all the help I can get so I will change components for lighter ones whenever I can. The best value for money changes are tyres and saddle. Pedals can also be very heavy. I also carry as little as I can in case of emergencies in a saddle pack, which can easily weigh 600 gms plus.

Top Bottom