Am-Dram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T
Well, that's it all finished - what a blast!

My part wasn't one of the ones designed to get much reaction, more to keep the plot going.

However my eldest daughter, as well as being in the crowd scenes as various things ranging from soldier to maid and lady in waiting also played a swamp monster for the "It's behind you" sketch. We had a speaker backstage near the dressing rooms so we could monitor the progress and it about burst with noise from the crowd on all the days. Sometimes you could hear distinct voices coming through that were classics.
"It's a goblin or a troll, or something, are you idiots"
In response to the scripted "Where has Lester gone?" came "He's over there - behind the curtain" which prompted the Dame to respond "That's not a curtain, that's a swamp"
... many others as well.

My youngest ,as well as being a soldier for most of the scenes played the part of the dragon that that is the "first, last and only line of defence" for the Black Knight's castle. Before coming on, the dragon was built up as being a terrifying creature. When a little dragon appears it got a great reaction.

It was a bit of a chaotic slog to get there, but good fun on the performance days. Next year? - maybe aye, maybe.

I will be back stage up in the fly gallery in Feburary for Waterside Theatre Company's panto. I have been involved with the two local dramatic companys for about thirty years in vairous roles both on and back stage.

The Am-Dram group I was with (retired for a while due to my health) is doing Calendar Girls next. Maybe I should return to my set building and backstage duties....:whistle:
I can just see Arch tickling the ivories :biggrin:
img_8970.jpg

Well, that's it all finished - what a blast!

My part wasn't one of the ones designed to get much reaction, more to keep the plot going.

However my eldest daughter, as well as being in the crowd scenes as various things ranging from soldier to maid and lady in waiting also played a swamp monster for the "It's behind you" sketch. We had a speaker backstage near the dressing rooms so we could monitor the progress and it about burst with noise from the crowd on all the days. Sometimes you could hear distinct voices coming through that were classics.
"It's a goblin or a troll, or something, are you idiots"
In response to the scripted "Where has Lester gone?" came "He's over there - behind the curtain" which prompted the Dame to respond "That's not a curtain, that's a swamp"
... many others as well.

My youngest ,as well as being a soldier for most of the scenes played the part of the dragon that that is the "first, last and only line of defence" for the Black Knight's castle. Before coming on, the dragon was built up as being a terrifying creature. When a little dragon appears it got a great reaction.

It was a bit of a chaotic slog to get there, but good fun on the performance days. Next year? - maybe aye, maybe.
Nice one Touché, very brave to get involved as its often stigmatised.

I got the bottle up to audition for a local theatre group in Washington and joined then got offered the Dame's role and the rest was history.
I played an ugly sister 2 years after that as well as the cowardly lion and the sheriff of Washington.
In other pays I was Dr Chaucible in Ernest, a hood in another play, a reporter in Night of 16th Jan, and various small parts in special shows we ran.
I also had my directorial debut with Gasping, but had to hand-over to my assistant as I moved to Dublin for 3- months the week before it opened.

The 3-years with the group was a time I look back on with very fond memories.

Top Bottom