Am I a grumpy old fart?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
But what about the 1% who aren't?
They are the ones who need 'special' treatment.
Until the OP goes and has a chat with the driver they will never know if the driver fails into the 99% or 1%. Start with that. There is a very high probability they will be reasonable with the right approach

If they just won't listen then either suck it up or escalate. But go and have a chat first

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Until the OP goes and has a chat with the driver they will never know if the driver fails into the 99% or 1%. Start with that. There is a very high probability they will be reasonable with the right approach

If they just won't listen then either suck it up or escalate. But go and have a chat first
Sounds reasonable.:okay:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Pavement parking is illegal except where specifically permitted. I sometimes get idiots who think it's OK to block my driveway by parking on the dropped kerb. I've got the council's parking enforcement number on speed dial and I instantly report every offender, and most times the Warden will have come round and slapped a £110 penalty charge on their windscreen long before they've got back to their car. So far, no muppet has been stupid enough to park there twice. Most people, no matter how thick, haven't got enough spare cash burning a hole in their pockets to be paying out £100+ a day in parking tickets. Make sure they get a ticket every time they park there and they'll soon take the hint!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'm imperial and grumpy too, I hate it when ride distances are described in km. This is Great Britain. We measure distances in miles and drink beer in pints. Leave the metric nonsense to the lot on the other side of the English Channel.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Pavement parking is illegal except where specifically permitted. I sometimes get idiots who think it's OK to block my driveway by parking on the dropped kerb. I've got the council's parking enforcement number on speed dial and I instantly report every offender, and most times the Warden will have come round and slapped a £110 penalty charge on their windscreen long before they've got back to their car. So far, no muppet has been stupid enough to park there twice. Most people, no matter how thick, haven't got enough spare cash burning a hole in their pockets to be paying out £100+ a day in parking tickets. Make sure they get a ticket every time they park there and they'll soon take the hint!

Sounds like a perfect symbiotic relationship... you get the satisfaction of seeing the idiots ticketed and the warden gets the success rate without needing to tramp the streets.

Top Bottom