Am I being profligate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Bonj, thats massive consumption of meat. Really. Meat isn't a bad thing, but that much is.

Do yourself a favour, buy less meat but buy the best quality you can (note, best quality, not the most expensive cuts). Your diet will be way, way healthier for it, and better too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:
Bonj, thats massive consumption of meat. Really. Meat isn't a bad thing, but that much is.

Do yourself a favour, buy less meat but buy the best quality you can (note, best quality, not the most expensive cuts). Your diet will be way, way healthier for it, and better too.

I'm just running through what I remember about excessive meat consumption.. Isn't Bowel cancer one of the possible effects...? (or is that more properly due to a lack of fibre...)

bonj2

Arch said:
Guidelines found at random on Google:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2003/02/16273/17578

suggest that carbs should be a third of the diet and most of a main meal. Fruit and veg should be a further third. "Meat, fish and alternatives (e.g. eggs, nuts, pulses, soya products) and milk and dairy foods provide concentrated sources of essential nutrients. So, only moderate amounts need to be eaten"

So the meal divides into three parts (carbs, veg, meat) and if bonj eats a pound of meat, he also should be eating at least a pound of carbs and a pound of veg as well. That's a heck of a meal.

Does he ride a specially reinforced bike?

That's if he's eating a balanced diet. If he's eating that much meat to the exclusion of other food groups...

Cab said:

Arch - That's in scotland, where people's diet is different. They drink a lot more for a start.
Don't start pretending 'well I must be unhealthy then'. Meat is muscle, you need the protein in it for building up muscles of your own, and what you don't need will just get broken down.
I burn off quite a lot of calories, bike riding etc.,playing squash. It's more healthy to eat a lot of meat than it is to eat none. I do have a healthy lifestyle, it can't be too much as i'm not putting on weight - i've been about 80kg for as long as i can remember.

Cab

bonj said:
I burn off quite a lot of calories, bike riding etc.,playing squash. It's more healthy to eat a lot of meat than it is to eat none. I do have a healthy lifestyle, it can't be too much as i'm not putting on weight - i've been about 80kg for as long as i can remember.

Bonj, go to your doctor, ask to see a dietician. Don't take our word for it, go see a professional; thats a lot of meat, more than is good for you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab;39265][QUOTE=bonj said:

Bonj, go to your doctor, ask to see a dietician. Don't take our word for it, go see a professional; thats a lot of meat, more than is good for you.[/QUOTE]

Ah, leave him be. When it all falls apart, we can say we told him so...

He should go and live in the US. Friend of mine went there, decided to try 'ribs' and got served what he described as "half a pig, with a chicken on top for garnish":ohmy:

bonj2

Cab;39265][QUOTE=bonj said:

Bonj, go to your doctor, ask to see a dietician. Don't take our word for it, go see a professional; thats a lot of meat, more than is good for you.[/QUOTE]

so why aren't i fat then, if it's unhealthy?

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj;39279][QUOTE=Cab;39265][QUOTE=bonj said:

so why aren't i fat then, if it's unhealthy?[/QUOTE]

Because you can be unhealthy without being fat, you twerp.

bonj2

Arch said:

Well, I am healthy. Take it as given. I know i'm healthy because i feel healthy, and there's nothing wrong with me. You'll just have to accept that.
To try and claim I must be unhealthy just because I sometimes eat a pound of meat is ridiculous. Do you EVER eat chocolate? Right, well if you do you must be unhealthy.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
bonj;39299][QUOTE=Arch said:

Well, I am healthy. Take it as given. I know i'm healthy because i feel healthy, and there's nothing wrong with me. You'll just have to accept that.
.[/QUOTE]

I heard this speech from someone of my height who weighed 22 stone.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj;39299][QUOTE=Arch said:

To try and claim I must be unhealthy just because I sometimes eat a pound of meat is ridiculous. Do you EVER eat chocolate? Right, well if you do you must be unhealthy.[/QUOTE]

You've now claimed you eat at least 12oz of meat at 80% of meals if I remember rightly. That's more than 'sometimes eating a pound of meat', and certainly not recommended as healthy. Especially if you're not balancing it with veg and carbs. If you are balancing it, you're eating a heck of a lot, and if you're not putting on weight, then either you're doing a lot of exercise (good, and you do seem to be fairly active) or you've got worms... (not good...)

Mr Phoebus

Patrick Stevens;39384][QUOTE=Arch;39348][QUOTE=bonj;39299][QUOTE=Arch said:
or you've got worms... (not good...)

Ahem...this might encourage bonj to post pictures of his stools. ;):ohmy::ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Show me a motion tra-la-la-la-la.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Mr Phoebus;39389][QUOTE=Patrick Stevens;39384][QUOTE=Arch;39348][QUOTE=bonj;39299][QUOTE=Arch said:
or you've got worms... (not good...)

Ahem...this might encourage bonj to post pictures of his stools. ;):ohmy::ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Show me a motion tra-la-la-la-la.[/QUOTE]

Look, the last thing we want is bonj posting sh*t. :biggrin::ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom