Am I sad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ELL

Über Member
Just after some advice as to if I am a bit sad. The reason I ask this is because I purchased my first Christmas present yesterday and I am thinking of going out today o get more. Is this very sad and if so what can i do to improve my situation or am I beyond help now? Or am I a trend setting "cool dude" that everyone wishes they could be?

Keep up! :thumbsup:

We bought our first one 2 months ago. We saw a book that would be perfect for a friend so we got it while we could. We've always done it this way - much better than trying to think of things 2 weeks before Christmas.

Fran143

Über Member
:thumbsup: Nope you are just organised....I say every year I'm going to start early but it never works. Can I send you my list too?

ThePainInSpain

We bought a box of Christmas cards last Wednesday, I'm not bothered about Christmas, but last year SWMBO was winging for the whole of December about not being able to buy a box of Christmas Cards. So this is a good strategy to stop her moaning again.

ThePainInSpain

Forward thinking now’t wrong with that, I’ve paid for my funeral :ohmy:

Betterstill, we have an Insurance that will cover our funerals, and repatriate us if we want. Cost of a funeral in Spain around €3000, cost of insurance €300 per anum. So if I snuff it withing the next 10 years I've saved money (I'm 62 so it's possible)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Forward thinking now’t wrong with that, I’ve paid for my funeral :ohmy:

When is it numbnuts?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I do not think it is sad at all. It is so much easier to do it now or over the next few weeks, rather than in the crush and near-mayhem that fills the shops in December. You can more easily think what people would like.

I have already bought one Christmas present. Something I saw that was ideal for someone.

I must admit to having bought the cards last January :blush: but in mitigation, my favourite design was in the sale, so I stocked up. Fortunately I do not need to buy loads of pressies, and most people will be getting a bottle of their favourite alcohfrolic liquid and/or their favourite chocs.

I would add that my cats are very clever. They can go on-iine and order some presents for me, that they know I would like, but other people are not likely to buy for me. :biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
Well, living in Italy, we need to plan Christmas and although we have not bought anything, we have got our list developed and will start buying in anger next week. When I lived in Hong Kong, I used to buy Christmas presents in Sep in order to ensure they got back to UK in time.

Top Bottom