Am I the forum champion at giving sh!t up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There follows a list of things I have eschewed:

1982: Red meat and fowl
2009: Smoking, recreational drugs, alcohol
2010: Dairy, wheat, non-organic produce

And now I'm on a diet which forbids carbohydrates (I've lost 9lbs in three weeks!).

Am I winning? I'm winning aren't I?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Blimey 2009 was a year to forget wasn't it ?

Davidc

Guru
I can see benefit in the 2009 set, but not the rest.

I'd be worried by your diet as I've been told by the nutritionist I see periodically that substantial daily carbohydrate intake is absolutely essential for good health.

Zoiders

Is the OP happy because he has given up things he considers to be bad for him or because he thinks that being somehow seen as more "ethical" among his peers will improve his self esteem?

Because I think that kind of thing rarely works, it's not a big step away form an eating disorder or self harm.

But thats just my opinion.

Norm

I haven't given up anything.

At various times, I've stopped smoking, I've stopped drinking and I've stopped working but I think I'd find it hard to give up something. :angry:

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Zoiders said:
Is the OP happy because he has given up things he considers to be bad for him or because he thinks that being somehow seen as more "ethical" among his peers will improve his self esteem?

Because I think that kind of thing rarely works, it's not a big step away form an eating disorder or self harm.

But thats just my opinion.

The first one, but I appreciate your concern.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mickle said:
There follows a list of things I have eschewed:

1982: Red meat and fowl
2009: Smoking, recreational drugs, alcohol
2010: Dairy, wheat, non-organic produce

And now I'm on a diet which forbids carbohydrates (I've lost 9lbs in three weeks!).

Am I winning? I'm winning aren't I?

Jeez, mick, is there anything you can eat?

With a diet like that, I'd be looking forward to death....:angry:

So you can eat fish, and veg. But no chips...

Good gods man what do you live on?

I quit drink and drugs and such a few years ago but at least I can still give myself colon cancer with a nice steak!

Coco

And you're looking the better for it :angry:

mahatma-ghandi-t11424.jpg

Davidc

Guru
automatic_jon said:
Good gods man what do you live on?

I quit drink and drugs and such a few years ago but at least I can still give myself colon cancer with a nice steak!

Saw some research reported this week which says that the steak won't harm you unless you process it into sausages or burgers etc. Then it'll give you heart disease, cancer, diabetes, or whatever. (and you'll probably turn blue with brown spots and grow a second head.....)

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I wasn't bothered before I got with my wonderful woman. It suddenly became really important to be around as long as possible for her and her four kids. Especially since their father is no longer with us.

Top Bottom