Am I the forum champion at giving sh!t up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I am the champion giver-up around here.

I wear a loincloth, sleep on a bed of nails, eat only gravel and straw and I float around on my own personal cloud.

Seriously though, it sounds like you're doing well! I gave up drink/drugs/ciggies years ago but I still eat junk sometimes! Nowadays I wonder how I ever had the time to lounge around all day smoking dope - then again, I was a teenager back then. And the prospect of a night out getting rat-arsed doesn't appeal to me at all anymore. I would much rather get to bed early on a Saturday night and get up bright and early for a long cycle ride on Sunday morning.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
User76 said:
On a more serious note, has your shopping bill gone up or down? I notice you only eat organic, which is percieved as much more expensive, but cut out meat which is also quite expensive.

If you have cut out the crack and the coke I guess you are saving quite a bit;)

How has it all worked out?

Shopping bill for groceries went up, but since giving up the booze and fags I'm saving no less than ten quid a day. The weight I put on after giving up smoking has been hard to shift, exacerbated by a change of lifestyle - now sitting at a screen all day rather than lifting bikes and leading roadshows. The diet plan we are on is the reason for the lack of carbs. Hoping it wont be forever, I love my rice and pasta and and and and...

As far as the diet is concerned the best thing is I feel great, my digestion has improved, and I've no less energy. And both of us have discovered that it has become easier to judge when we are full. I was a bit of a carb junky, eating until I couldn't eat any more and then wondering why I felt so uncomfortably stuffed. Every time :biggrin:

Giving up the smoke and drink was the best though. Easy to do if you have the right motivation.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
It's not quite that simple though, to claim the title of Forum Champion At Giving shoot Up, you don't just have to give shoot up. You also have to remain as interesting as a person. To assess this you need to give a presentation to a panel of selected CCers supporting this.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
MacB said:
It's not quite that simple though, to claim the title of Forum Champion At Giving shoot Up, you don't just have to give shoot up. You also have to remain as interesting as a person. To assess this you need to give a presentation to a panel of selected CCers supporting this.

That presumes that I was interesting to start with!

NickM

Veteran
mickle said:
Am I winning? I'm winning aren't I?
Nah. I give up booze a couple of times a week.

I've given up giving up, which trumps anyone who's just giving up. You could only win if you gave up giving up giving up.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Crackle said:
I've given up giving up, which trumps anyone who's just giving up. You could only win if you gave up giving up giving up.

Way past that, I'd run out of room here to post my full run of 'giving ups'

Top Bottom