Am I the youngest cycle cammer in the UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
The reason I upload things is to name and shame people.

Not really my attitude anymore,I just like it because after a motorist has done a bad pass,manouvre or whatever it is recorded and seen for how bad it was from the other side.Like when a bus driver cuts in into a bus stop,it can actually be worse than the bus driver thinks,plus my lorry pass which was horrendous.Im hoping people will learn from it and pick up tips of how to drive decently.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Well they would have to be very lucky to be able to do that. The camera is stiff in the mount andd with the head movements I would be making, they would have a slim chance of getting it.

I think you should take a leave of absence from the camera. Leave it at home, then see if you can start to appreciate cycling for you, direct it inwardly. Rather than cycling for attention.

If people want to cycle with a camera, fine, but of the videos of yours that I've seen, they almost scream for attention like few others as you often lack the maturity to take a decent world view of things. You get involved so you can have a bit of footage to upload and all of the attention that the video brings with it. Responding to comments with profanity, arguing, it's all pretty grim.

Take a holiday from the camera. Enjoy cycling. Of all the hours you spend editing, commenting, arguing... you could do a lot of good with that. Maybe pick up a cheap Digital camera, carry that with you and take pictures of anything interesting/beautiful that you see on the bike. Start an album or thread here if you do need that validation. (At least it would be positive) There is so much to see when you're not looking for huge crimes like stopping in box junctions and running a questionable amber light.

I realise that I don't know you and I know you think it's worthwhile doing all of this now, but eventually, you'll mature, and you'll realise, just as I did, and most people here, that some of our decisions as a young person wasted a lot of life that we can't get back. I can say without question, that squeaky voiced youtube videos arguing with strangers will fall firmly in this section. It's the kind of thing that your best man is going to have a field day with in front of all your friends if you choose to marry in future.

On the other hand, if you are that addicted to the camera and have just rolled your eyes at everything above, try this instead; For every 'episode' you post criticising, post another two highlighting someone good that a driver has done. Then at least you're attempting to put a few more ticks in the positivity column than the negative one.

Hip Priest

Veteran
To be fair to Matt, if he didn't have the camera, he'd have no evidence of the incident where he was threatened with having his bike slapped up his nose, and therefore less chance of a succesful resolution.

Hip Priest

Veteran
The reasons I don't use a cam are twofold:

1) I'm not made of money and I'd rather spend my meagre income on other bike stuff.
2) Remembering everything I need for a ride is difficult enough as it is.

Gary E

Veteran

I have (on separate occasions) realised (but only after several miles) that I have forgotten my helmet, gloves, HR monitor, water bottles and glasses! It's only a matter of time before I forget my Lycra shorts :wacko:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
On the other hand, if you are that addicted to the camera and have just rolled your eyes at everything above, try this instead; For every 'episode' you post criticising, post another two highlighting someone good that a driver has done. Then at least you're attempting to put a few more ticks in the positivity column than the negative one.
I will probably do that. It seems like a good option and possibly one that will change people's thoughts of me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The reasons I don't use a cam are twofold:

1) I'm not made of money and I'd rather spend my meagre income on other bike stuff.

No 2 causes me issues. :blush: Age ! I can remember to switch on the Garmin 200 - the 705 is a mare for commutes - too much 'booting up' :hello: .... Strava sections are far more important ! :tongue:

D

Deleted member 20519

I've never gotten in any altercations with drivers in my four months of road cycling. Drivers have never told me to get into the cycle lane, I've never yelled at people if they pass me closely, screaming at them isn't going to make them reverse and then overtake you safely. Matthew, ride without your camera for a week and see how you get on. You'll realise that if someone does something stupid, you can't use the camera as your defence meaning that you'll get into less altercations. There's no point arguing with drivers, you aren't going to win. Try it, report back.

Its nicer than my commute in South Manchester. :thumbsup:

The horrors of Didsbury and Heaton Moor? Poor you...

Top Bottom