Am I wrong to discriminate against pigeons?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

on the road

Über Member
An I wrong to discriminate against the big fat pigeons?
Nope.

Years and years ago we used to keep pigeons, I was about 14 at the time and I was forced to clean out the pigeon pen every single week. They weren't my pigeons but I was forced to shovel all the pigeon sh*t up and put it in to bin bags, and it stunk to high heaven. I've hated pigeons ever since and when I'm driving and I see them in the road I try to run them over.

Can't stand the things, so you are within you rights to discriminate against them, or even kill them :angry:

potsy

Rambler
There was a story on the local news yesterday about a woman getting fined £50 for feeding a pigeon a bit of her pasty as they are classed as vermin and was seen as littering, fine was later cancelled to a warning on appeal :ohmy:

We have this guy who waits for the small tweety birds, hen eats them!

file-2.jpg

Leodis

Veteran
We put out sunflower seeds and peanuts and they attract mostly tits of one kind or another. We do though see many Red Kites but not on the feeders.

It's the migrating ones I don't like. If someone would deal with those (stop them coming in) they'd get my vote any day.

The big, traditional parties pay lip service to our justifiable fears about open borders and the free movement of avian populations, but do they actually have to live somewhere where these birds spend the summer?

Of course not!

They contribute nothing to the economy and yet they show up every year, eating OUR seeds, OUR insects, OUR fruit.

We know they've got a nest full of chicks in some far-off country who will be over here too when they mature...

Sorry, must dash. There's a Mr Farridge on line one.

My garden backs onto an open field. The field is patrolled by Kites and Sparrow Hawks so do not get the usual garden birds. Pigeons mainly stay in the field stripping whatever crop is in there. Few rooks and crows around and then we get about 500 Fieldfare for one or two days and then they are gone again. In the garden we only get a Wren and Robins. We decided not to feed them as the get picked off by the hawk!
A dead dove fell out of the sky once which I think the Kite must have almost got.
It is an odd mix but amongst them all the Pigeons seem to be the clowns of the bird world. They seem to be badly designed and to be really quite rubbish at flying with a funny u pattern to their flight.

Rooks are the worst. I hate them.

They club together at tree-top level making the most unpleasant noise known to man... and then when you're least expecting it they slam across the entire board and trap your king behind your pawns... check-mate.

Scum.

Absolute scum.

Top Bottom