amazing statistic of the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Aha, so I think SimonCC may have a point there, see also here. Malthus also got it wrong in his predictions of how soon the world's food resources would run out. But even that 5.8% figure is quite scary when you compare the average human lifespan with the ages of human history. And we are certainly short of resources at this very moment. Been out to buy a loaf of bread lately?

Arch

Married to Night Train
NickM said:
It ruddy well isn't :biggrin:

Signed: A. Fieldmouse

Well, stop eating Spangles then...
xx(

simoncc

Pete said:
Aha, so I think SimonCC may have a point there, see also here. Malthus also got it wrong in his predictions of how soon the world's food resources would run out. But even that 5.8% figure is quite scary when you compare the average human lifespan with the ages of human history. And we are certainly short of resources at this very moment. Been out to buy a loaf of bread lately?

It'd be interesting to know just how many gloom and doom scaremongers are alive today compared to the total that have ever lived. Given the continued quoting of the myth that is the topic of this discussion I'd say that quite a high proportion of them are alive right now.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
If 70% of the UK have access to a private car and 30% can ride a bicycle.
How far is it to my Grans ?

Top Bottom