amazing statistic of the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simoncc

Arch said:
I don't believe that. To be taught, you'd have to display a willingness and capacity to learn.

I was never told anything specific about oil running out, BTW, my school must have been an odd one out... We were told that it was a finite resource, in terms that it takes million of years to form, and minutes to use up.

Ooh! I was told by a geography teacher, Mr Webster, that oil would run out by 2000 and that cars would be seen only in museums by then. You are technically correct that I wasn't taught the fact because I never really took much notice of geography teachers. My dad told me that as long as I did OK in maths, English, physics, chemistry and French he didn't care about what other teachers said on my report. Even as a youngster I was aware that geography teachers who also do PE are not to be taken too seriously.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
To clarify Pete's ramblings with my own ramblings the strength of the weak force is a limiting factor in terms of rate/lifetime. There are others. We have a sun that is mostly hydrogen and the weak force slows helium production (also importing in other aspects - think about it). When you get flavour changes you get Ws or Zs as which decay into the familiar electron and antineutrino whilst your up has changed into a down in the first part. There are also many other reasons why neutrinos are interest in study.

Top Bottom