Amazon Prime - worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianbarton

Veteran
We watch television via an Amazon Firestick, usual tv channels plus Netflix, which we use a lot. I’m thinking of adding Amazon Prime, but I’m unconvinced there is sufficient quality content to make it worth it.
I’m looking for decent films, something Netflix is weak at providing, in my opinion.
Anyone out there using Prime able to comment?
The quality of the films is variable. There are far fewer watchable (IMHO) ones than on Netflix. We use Amazon mainly for the next day delivery. We live about 6 miles from the nearest small town and about 30 miles from somewhere that has shops like John Lewis.

I’ve got amazon prime on my phone contract. I think it’s well worth it ( free ). I really like the man in the high castle, and lots of other bits and bobs on it.

Drago

Legendary Member
I quite like it. Mrs D has an account, and the films and shopping benefits seem worth the paltry amount they charge. I'd happily pay more if it meant I didn't have to pay a tv licence and subsidise the lefties at the Beeb.

Gunk

Guru
A different topic/argument, maybe, but how can the BBC disallow viewing of live TV, that is not BBC content, as part of their non-licencing policy?

Them’s the rules, if in the old days you had the original five terrestrial channels but decided not to watch any BBC content at all, you’d still need a licence. Same applies now.

lane

Veteran
At the moment I have Prime mainly for delivery (not sure if I am saving money on delivery or just getting things sooner). Also have Netflix. Find Prime and Netflix much the same for video content - that is to say neither is great. Don't like Prime for music rather use other services which are free. Thing is both my kids seem to watch whatever movies they want including things that are very current and pay nothing - probably should pay more attention to what they do.

Skibird

Definitely worth it for me. Music, free books, TV etc and even here in the IOW I get next day delivery 99% of the time. Even today at about 12pm, I ordered 2 items from them that will be delivered tomorrow, and on the odd occasion there has been a problem, just live chat them and they will give you an extra month or two of prime for free.

Amazon Prime is like the Hotel California - you may check out any time you like but you may never leave.

Has anyone else successfully managed to leave?
I leave all the time!
It seems that as I had Prime for a while, I now get a yearly month/week of it free as a re-trial, that's very handy with the anniversary offer being in November.

Top Bottom