Amazon Prime - worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Amazon Prime is like the Hotel California - you may check out any time you like but you may never leave.

Has anyone else successfully managed to leave?

Yes, I signed myself up by accident (surprisingly easy to do). It was a struggle finding the unsubscribe page, but I managed in the end.

I flirt between Netflix and Prime depending on what's on.

In fact just last night I've actually just cancelled Netflix as there's nothing I want to watch on it now, and I'll be getting Prime back so I can watch Vikings, once that's finished it'll depend who's showing what as to who gets my patronage.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Mubi.com is an interesting service for film. It's not Amazon, doesn't give you free delivery on anything and costs more than Prime (about £11/month). They put a new film up every day and it stays up for 30 days so there are always 30 films to choose from. Worth a look if they have your kind of films (it's not a mainstream selection) and you'd watch enough to make the cost worthwhile. My subscription came free with another sub that I have for college and I am thoroughly and unexpectedly enjoying it. There is a free trial I think. We do have Netflix and Prime here but I always check Mubi first. Not affiliated, just happy.

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
Thanks all, I think I’ll give it a miss. It’s the quality of the content, or lack of, that bothers me.
I know of Mubi and will probably go that route.
Cheers.

midlife

Guru
Live is the magical word there.

I thought it was possible to stream content live from Prime?

potsy

Rambler
I flirt between Netflix and Prime depending on what's on.

In fact just last night I've actually just cancelled Netflix as there's nothing I want to watch on it now, and I'll be getting Prime back so I can watch Vikings, once that's finished it'll depend who's showing what as to who gets my patronage.
This is what I do too, currently with Prime for a couple of months whilst I catch up on some of their TV shows.

Next day delivery is great, not that I buy too much but is nice when needed.

tom73

Guru
Is that not just basically repeats? Stuff that you would have watched live when it was on? I would be wanting new content if I’m paying over and above the licence fee.
At the moment though won’t be too long before new stuff go’s on.
Plus a lot it you can’t watch on normal tv for example every DR Who episode that’s still around. Which is over 600 of them. Once c4 comes on line the whole film4 back catalogue will be available.
free for 30 days got to be worth a look

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A different topic/argument, maybe, but how can the BBC disallow viewing of live TV, that is not BBC content, as part of their non-licencing policy?

Top Bottom