An answer to bike thieves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Slowly and carefully ... They are hard to spot so it is easy to lose count! :laugh:
But they come in 10 packs, and the retail display units contain 50 packs, so don't you just count those? You can count twenty?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But they come in 10 packs, and the retail display units contain 50 packs, so don't you just count those? You can count twenty?
The problem is that they were sold to me by a man who used to work with me. I'm taking his word for how many he delivered to the storeroom ...

I worked in a factory for five years, and from time to time we'd have to do stocktaking. On one such occasion, I was helping a guy in the metal-working area work out how much steel tubing was left. He found that he had 10 lengths of 3.6 metres. I watched for a while as he struggled with the calculation. Finally I offered to help. I looked at his piece of paper and saw that he had written 3.6 ten times and was trying to add the numbers up. I asked why he didn't use multiplication but he didn't understand, so I explained that adding ten of the numbers was the same thing as multiplying by ten. He just looked back blankly and asked exactly how was that supposed to make things easier because nobody learned the 3.6 times table! I shifted the decimal point for him and told him that his answer was 36 metres. After that he kept going on about me being a 'brainbox'! I hadn't realised until that day just how little some people get out of their time at school.

I worked in a factory for five years, and from time to time we'd have to do stocktaking. On one such occasion, I was helping a guy in the metal-working area work out how much steel tubing was left. He found that he had 10 lengths of 3.6 metres. I watched for a while as he struggled with the calculation. Finally I offered to help. I looked at his piece of paper and saw that he had written 3.6 ten times and was trying to add the numbers up. I asked why he didn't use multiplication but he didn't understand, so I explained that adding ten of the numbers was the same thing as multiplying by ten. He just looked back blankly and asked exactly how was that supposed to make things easier because nobody learned the 3.6 times table! I shifted the decimal point for him and told him that his answer was 36 metres. After that he kept going on about me being a 'brainbox'! I hadn't realised until that day just how little some people get out of their time at school.

I think you knew the answer and are just bragging. What is 2.7 x 10?

subaqua

What’s the point
I think you knew the answer and are just bragging. What is 2.7 x 10?

what Base ?

what Base ?
This one.
38428EBC%20(a).jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Clearly there's a pre-lunch lull going around today.
I have had Internet speed problems for a week or so which somehow resolved themselves last night ** so I am catching up on missed races and messing about on here while waiting for the race action to kick off.

** Please allow me to humiliate myself with an admission of my stupidity ... :whistle:

I thought that my PlusNet router was playing up so I went down to my cellar and retrieved a bag of old routers that I had stored down there. I fished out the first router that came to hand (there were 3 in there) and spent nearly an hour messing about trying to set it up.

I had connected my laptop to the router using an Ethernet cable. The problem was that I couldn't find where the menu entry for the wifi setup was.

I eventually gave up attempting to work it out and tried to go online to search for instructions. The problem was that I hadn't got the replacement router working yet ...

Damn! I swapped back to the original PlusNet router to use that for the search. I Googled 'name of router' plus 'setup' and didn't even get as far as reading the results because I realised that the results came up on screen almost immediately rather than at the glacial pace that I have been suffering recently. I ran the broadband speed checker which had been indicating 0.5 - 1.0 Mb/s for the past week and - there you go -15.3 Mb/s! The router must have had its iKnickers in a twist and powering it down and rebooting it had fixed the problem. Super!

And then I realised that the old router with the mysteriously hard-to-find wifi setup page is a USRobotics 9003 model. That would be the one I used on TalkTalk back in 2003 and which doesn't have a wifi interface ... :banghead:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have one but I can't find it.. I'm sure I left it near the coal shed last week. (on Wednesday, I think)

Top Bottom