An answer to bike thieves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ooh - cobbletastic fun! I'm off for a few hours now to watch the last 150 km of Paris Roubaix.

Maybe when I return we will have found what the mysterious bike thief deterrent is ...

My vote is for one of these:

Bicycle anti-theft device.png

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Recycle it! Don't spend an hour or more trying to set up the elusive virtual wifi ... :whistle:

(You were talking about a USR 9003 router, weren't you?)
No, I was talking about the thief deterrent that I can't find.
Maybe someone already found it and recycled it, hence the reason I can't locate it!

subaqua

What’s the point
I have had Internet speed problems for a week or so which somehow resolved themselves last night ** so I am catching up on missed races and messing about on here while waiting for the race action to kick off.

** Please allow me to humiliate myself with an admission of my stupidity ... :whistle:

I thought that my PlusNet router was playing up so I went down to my cellar and retrieved a bag of old routers that I had stored down there. I fished out the first router that came to hand (there were 3 in there) and spent nearly an hour messing about trying to set it up.

I had connected my laptop to the router using an Ethernet cable. The problem was that I couldn't find where the menu entry for the wifi setup was.

I eventually gave up attempting to work it out and tried to go online to search for instructions. The problem was that I hadn't got the replacement router working yet ...

Damn! I swapped back to the original PlusNet router to use that for the search. I Googled 'name of router' plus 'setup' and didn't even get as far as reading the results because I realised that the results came up on screen almost immediately rather than at the glacial pace that I have been suffering recently. I ran the broadband speed checker which had been indicating 0.5 - 1.0 Mb/s for the past week and - there you go -15.3 Mb/s! The router must have had its iKnickers in a twist and powering it down and rebooting it had fixed the problem. Super!

And then I realised that the old router with the mysteriously hard-to-find wifi setup page is a USRobotics 9003 model. That would be the one I used on TalkTalk back in 2003 and which doesn't have a wifi interface ... :banghead:

Doh .....

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
What ever it is, for £25 my bet is it will be useless.
The only real solution is a very heavy expensive lock, or dont leave your bike locked up anywhere.

Top Bottom