An increase in traffic - or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was out for a ride this morning, and I have to say I was shocked at the amount of traffic I encountered, even on a remote single track road which I regularly use. It was as busy as I have ever seen it. Lockdown? What lockdown... These selfish idiots just don't seem to care, and what's more, they have zero road sense.....

View attachment 522470

All that grazing land for miles around, and this lot feel the need to use the only strip of tarmac there is :laugh:.
They've not left owt behind them!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Main trunk road busier with more people driving through... and surrounding quieter country lanes busier with boy racers and high powered cars being driven too fast.

The last 10 days has seen an increase of traffic especially the country routes I cycle on. Whether it is my perception or not but the average speed seems to have increased. It is as if people are trying to make up for lost time, why I don`t know. I had one driver yesterday who overtook me on a bend on a single track road, I must get some glasses too that allow me to see what is coming around bends. Things are going back to how they were.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It's only a matter of time before a specific black Audi A7, a certain black Range Rover Sport meets a cretinous open topped Porsche Boxter driver on the back road to Stamfordham... I half wish I'm there to see it from a safe distance.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thanks HRH Nicola for your announcement last night that lockdown rules are being relaxed as of today. The relaxation didn't amount to much, in fact in reality you TIGHTENED them for cyclists with the "advice" that everybody should stay within 5 miles of home.

Predictably, the great Scottish public have taken the word relaxation to mean do exactly as we please. Overnight, traffic levels have jumped enormously. Can't wait to see what the weekend will bring, traffic wise, to our sleepy seaside town with its closed car parks and no public toilets. Ach well, it was good while it lasted.

Top Bottom