An "oh, shi-" moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I had a very embarassing moment earlier. It narrowly avoided being becoming an incident.

I came out of a local shop, got my bag and lights sorted, got my bike unlocked and turned around, and swung my leg over the saddle to mount. Somehow my trousers were hanging lower than expected, causing my leg to jam mid swing over my quite high saddle. Suddenly being off balance unexpectedly meant I mumbled something incoherent, and had to do some frantic shuffling with the foot I was standing on to avoid crumpling to the floor. I got some funny looks off a woman unlocking her bike next to me and was left feeling a little silly but unharmed as I rode briskly away...

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:giggle:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I did something similar while clipped in with the left foot, pushed away, brought right foot over the back of the bike only to hook a hand rail with my right foot and ended up a heap, on top of the bike, on the ground :shy:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was riding my SS bike in Coventry with my trousers tucked into my socks when my right trouser leg pulled itself free of the sock and somehow managed to hook itself over my bottle cage! It threw me off balance and I nearly crashed. Fortunately, I wasn't riding in heavy traffic at the time.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I did something similar while clipped in with the left foot, pushed away, brought right foot over the back of the bike only to hook a hand rail with my right foot and ended up a heap, on top of the bike, on the ground :shy:

Ahhhh, the classic "lets get on the bike like a postie" move. That never gets old. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom