An UPDATED Video on what cycling has done for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevey

Guru
These are the 2 pictures that helped me decide to do something about my weight issue

1ac51559-09e2-42dd-8e76-9f237cdbf4d8_zps2d405f88.jpg
e87d87a2-5e9d-46d0-a85d-f26561f66d17_zps178ef7d1.jpg

Its been a long hard struggle but with constant exercise (cycling) and a balanced healthy eating regime also gave up the booze, this is where i am at the moment

e8835db9-5514-40c4-8ecf-e6ccd9c1a6e6_zps64d6441f.jpg

To all those who are starting out keep at it the benefits are remarkable, i know i am not the largest lad to loose the most weight but if i can inspire some people to maintain there efforts then it's all good

Starting 16st
Current 12st-1lb

Last edited:

The Jogger

Legendary Member
That is bloody brilliant, what height are you, that weight you are now looks spot on. I am 5'11" and down to 13st from 14st10lbs but people are now telling me I look like I lost too much but still above normal bmi.

stevey

Guru
That is bloody brilliant, what height are you, that weight you are now looks spot on. I am 5'11" and down to 13st from 14st10lbs but people are now telling me I look like I lost too much but still above normal bmi.

Cheers thanks :thumbsup: i am a height of 5'9 i did drop to 11st-9lb but had no energy at all when cycling and the mrs saying i was looking gaunt in the face so i think i have reached a happy medium.

Stevey, you look amazing! way to go brother! I'm still working on that same goal myself. I began @ 217lbs and am currently at 205lbs. Been going at it for 2 months now. I've set a goal to commute 5,000 miles to work. All this stories I hear totally motivate me. Cycle on brother!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers thanks :thumbsup: i am a height of 5'9 i did drop to 11st-9lb but had no energy at all when cycling and the mrs saying i was looking gaunt in the face so i think i have reached a happy medium.

I was in a similar situation. Same as you 5'9", got up to just under 16st. Dropped down to 12&half stone. I should lose another extra half stone, but to be honest I love my food too much. But being the weight I am now along with the fitness and stamina I have gained. It's a small price to pay.

simon.r

Person

I went from 16st to 13st a good few years ago (when I started cycling) and I was told my many people that I looked too thin, but I'm convinced that it was just because people were used to seeing me as a relatively fat bloke!

I'm still at 13st (give or take a few pounds) and I never get told I look too thin now.

stevey

Guru
I was in a similar situation. Same as you 5'9", got up to just under 16st. Dropped down to 12&half stone. I should lose another extra half stone, but to be honest I love my food too much. But being the weight I am now along with the fitness and stamina I have gained. It's a small price to pay.

I am a bit disappointed i didn't start earlier in life but hey ho, but totally agree with you about the fitness & stamina thing i am in the best shape of my life :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am a bit disappointed i didn't start earlier in life but hey ho, but totally agree with you about the fitness & stamina thing i am in the best shape of my life :smile:

Same here, I got to 40 years old when I realised I was very overweight and very unfit. That was near 8 years ago. I haven't looked back since.

HeroesFitness

Try using a bodystat, they are fairly accurate, if not see if there is a hydropool near you as the bodyfat reading from those are the most accurate available.

I would aim for 20% as a target for 3 months time.

Keep it up and well done

HeroesFitness

Cool 16.9% is good, 15% is optimal so you are very close, i am around 14%, anything lower and I tend to get colds and sore throats, so I think the 15% rule applies well to me.

Excellent work :-)

Well done Gaz!

I did the same, was 35 stone, wearing 7xl clothes, bought a poor secondhand Apollo FS26 and got back on the saddle.
Been cycling for nearly two years and I'm currently 23.5 stone, wearing 2xl clothes again and never been happier.

Keep up the great work and no doubt be seeing you around the forums or, better yet, events!

Rob

Top Bottom