And another thread about my S America trip...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hubbike

To document my journey, I intend to make audio recordings of musicians, singers, bands, DJs, buskers and storytellers I meet along the way. I will seek out fiestas, festivals, hidden talents and local heroes, and all the best music from traditional to contemporary. I will also keep an audio diary, record soundscapes (for instance bustling markets, raging waterfalls, birdsong, crashing waves, life in the saddle, etc), take photos, write a blog, and will upload my recordings to a website. I hope to have the opportunity to give talks in schools and comunities, both on my trip and back home, encouraging cycling and emphasising the importance of music. I am keen to write articles for cycling magazines, newsletters and any other oppotunities that come my way. On my return I will write a book about my travels and produce an accompanying CD with a mixture of the sounds and music I have captured.

At the moment I write a blog at peterhubbard.blogspot.com and I intend to extend this for the trip. I might be keeping a crazyguyonabike.com journal too (or instead), but not sure. Once I've sorted everything I will post it on here and would welcome the feedback. . .

Comatosed

Sounds good. Cycling through Orkney and Shetland I've been fortunate enough to witness some excellent spontainious music, fiddles and banjo sessions, and I also saw a band called Drop the Box:

http://www.myspace.com/dropthebox

I also find it fascinating how music changes with culture, and I'll be bookmarking your blog!

OP
OP
H

hubbike

yeah, i'd love to do a scottish test run but time is at a premium at the moment organising this trip. I had the idea a while ago and it felt like a light bulb going on! also saw this site recently, although I won't be able to afford as fancy equipment as them
www.listentoafrica.com

Top Bottom