And now a particularly trivial question about panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...how do i stick a 'GB' car sticker onto my canvass bags?? This is important to me as i wouldnt want to be mistook for a foreigner when i am abroad:biggrin:

Sticking wont last five minutes, sewing would split the plastic, super glue would runin the pannier...so whats a chap to do?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Attatch a flag pole to your seat post and an enormous flag flying from that ... that way they will definately know your nationality:biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Or a Union Jack spinnacker on the bars so you can overtake Johnny Foreigner without even pedalling.

I like this plan. Would it still work if I cut a hole in it so i can see where I am going?

Tombo 707

G.B jersey.

Hi Btfb my freeloader has come Im chargingit now. The freeloader supercharger that goes on top of your panniers halfs the time of charging I allso got a AA&AAA charger whith built in torch. It charged my phone no problem I think its Going to work a treat. Have a Jersey made with G.B on the back that would look cool.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I like this plan. Would it still work if I cut a hole in it so i can see where I am going?

You mean like this?

CycleTourer

Veteran
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...how do i stick a 'GB' car sticker onto my canvass bags?? This is important to me as i wouldnt want to be mistook for a foreigner when i am abroad:biggrin:

Sticking wont last five minutes, sewing would split the plastic, super glue would runin the pannier...so whats a chap to do?

BTFB

We have added GB plates on our bikes. We added them after being hooted at in Bergen, Norway. As the Norwegian guy who helped us at the time said there is nothing on your bikes to say you are British and with Ortlieb panniers guess where they think you come from! There are are still a lot of Norwegians with long memories, if you get what we mean :eek:

How I got around it was to buy a small stick on GB sticker from Halfords and glued it to a bit of aluminum plate which I then cut around leaving a small tab at the bottom. I drilled a 3mm hole in this tab and pop riveted it to the mudguard and then bent it upright.

gbplate.jpg

redcogs

Guru
The easiest way to enable 'foreigners' to understand your essential englishness will be to attach one label to each side of your head using six inch nails.

;)

Top Bottom