1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And now a particularly trivial question about panniers

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 16 May 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...how do i stick a 'GB' car sticker onto my canvass bags?? This is important to me as i wouldnt want to be mistook for a foreigner when i am abroad:biggrin:

Sticking wont last five minutes, sewing would split the plastic, super glue would runin the pannier...so whats a chap to do?

2. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Attatch a flag pole to your seat post and an enormous flag flying from that ... that way they will definately know your nationality:biggrin::biggrin:

3. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

Or a Union Jack spinnacker on the bars so you can overtake Johnny Foreigner without even pedalling.

4. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Sorry we're not much help are we.

5. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

I like this plan. Would it still work if I cut a hole in it so i can see where I am going?

6. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Couple of dabs from the Hot Melt Glue Gun. If you change your mind you could peel it off

7. Get your Nan to embroider you a (GB) patch.

8. Tombo 707

Tombo 707 New Member

G.B jersey.

Hi Btfb my freeloader has come Im chargingit now. The freeloader supercharger that goes on top of your panniers halfs the time of charging I allso got a AA&AAA charger whith built in torch. It charged my phone no problem I think its Going to work a treat. Have a Jersey made with G.B on the back that would look cool.

9. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

You mean like this?

10. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Uphill into the wind and he'll be fukked! :eek:

11. CycleTourer

CycleTourer Well-Known Member

BTFB

We have added GB plates on our bikes. We added them after being hooted at in Bergen, Norway. As the Norwegian guy who helped us at the time said there is nothing on your bikes to say you are British and with Ortlieb panniers guess where they think you come from! There are are still a lot of Norwegians with long memories, if you get what we mean :eek:

How I got around it was to buy a small stick on GB sticker from Halfords and glued it to a bit of aluminum plate which I then cut around leaving a small tab at the bottom. I drilled a 3mm hole in this tab and pop riveted it to the mudguard and then bent it upright.

gbplate.jpg

12. OP
    OP
    Bigtallfatbloke

Now that's a cool idea...I will see if I can rig up something similar..Ta.

13. redcogs

redcogs New Member

The easiest way to enable 'foreigners' to understand your essential englishness will be to attach one label to each side of your head using six inch nails.

;)

14. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

I wouldn't advise it, some people might think you are English.

15. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

I offered advice in return to a question...........

No-one ever said it had to be practical advice!