And now a particularly trivial question about panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
snorri said:
I wouldn't advise it, some people might think you are English.

Use the plate suggestion but bend the edges round to form two slots..........

Then have a a series of slide in flags , altering to suit the mood and ocal environment.

Otherwise really confuse the locals and use something like:

belerion_flg.web.jpg

But only if travelling on one of these:

passport.jpg

or some other local flag - Bound to be an ice breaker!

asterix

Comrade Member
All you need is a saddlebag - a clear sign that you must be English. ..that and the mudguards. Cycling on the left is also a bit of a give away in many countries but doesn't work for long.

Isla Valassi

Veteran
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...how do i stick a 'GB' car sticker onto my canvass bags?? This is important to me as i wouldnt want to be mistook for a foreigner when i am abroad:biggrin:

Sticking wont last five minutes, sewing would split the plastic, super glue would runin the pannier...so whats a chap to do?

Err......but you are a foreigner when you are abroad!

[puts tongue in cheek]
I'd go for the full on union jack cycle jersey complete with a biggles style flying hat and goggles. Undo some metal coat hangers and thread them through a silk scarf, wrapping it round your neck and at a jaunty angle to the side, as if it was caught in the wind. As you cruise through germany also make machine gun noises interspersed with choruses of 'who do you think you are kidding mr hitler'. This will guarantee you a warm welcome :angry: :biggrin:
[/puts tongue in cheek]

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..I have another cunning plan...

..I will venture down to Carpets r us or something and get some of that carpet tape...I reckon that should stick to a canvass bag(??) then I will stick the GB sticker onto the shiny non sticky side of the tape, cut the tape to shape and then stick the thing onto the back of my pannier bag.
...if that doesnt work I will wear one of those seaside plastic union jack hats and cary an umbrella

ronstrutt

Cunobelin said:

That's just plain silly, no reason why he can't just follow the dotted white line.

As for the GB sticker, its quite simple. Use any method of fastening the sticker to the pannier on a temporary basis. Then. with a pair of scissors, remove the black characters along with the material of the pannier beneath. Get rid of the sticker, and make sure that the contents of the pannier are of a contrasting colour to the pannier itself. Bob's your uncle!

Top Bottom