Andy Schleck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

So, what do we think? Is he going to end up washed up and bitter, bemoaning what he could have been if he'd been allowed to continue doing what everyone else was? Or will he be ok once his doping brother comes back? Or will he just bugger off and laze about on a beach somewhere? (which he'd be as well doing if his current form is anything to go by) Or maybe he'll come up with a way of becoming good again?

It seems to me that he was only good due to taking doping products, and now that he has realised that he can't do that anymore then he has become really average - like Basso, Simoni, et al. Some riders e.g Cheating Bertie, can maybe still be able to ride without doping (or by amending what they use) and believing they can still do a good job on their natural(ish) talent but Andy Schleck does not strike me as someone who will be around for much longer...

e-rider

crappy member
who knows

Noodles, You seem to have a bit of a hard on for A Schleck for some reason, I am not sure I recall any real allegations or proof or evidence of him doping at any time, and with his long recovery from a fractured sacrum and what seems to be a mental attitude issue then perhaps his lack of racing activity could be understood. Maybe you could post some links to the doping ?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Nope, no particular "hard on" (whatever that means) just musings over a rider who seems to have gone from a contender to an also-ran. As for any allegations, I am sure you can use google...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Well, if the story about him beating his dad up Ventoux comfortably at the age of 12 is true, he had natural talent to build on- whether building on that included dope, pass. The problem to me with the Frandy double act seems more a mental block- they seemed incapable in the 2011 Tour of making a move alone. Andy blew the best chance he was likely to get of a win because he kept looking for Frank. And now he's spent months moping around instead of getting on with anything....

I am no fan of the Schlecks, but you stated "It seems to me that he was only good due to taking doping products" and I went and searched but my google is not as good as yours I guess. I was just curious, and after living in Scotland for a number of years I like to stick up for the underdog now.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Not sure what living in Scotland has to do with anything, nor why you view Andy Schleck as the underdog.

Anyway, I am musing about things. Not looking for answers. No point in that.

raindog

er.....
I think he's waiting for Frank to come back from his ban then he'll kick ass again.
Strange lads, the Schlecks.

I like to stick up for the underdog, but I've never lived in Scotland.

redcard

Veteran
I live in Scotland and I hate the Schlecks.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Jörg Jaksche when asked to clarify his performance in the 2006 Tour de Suisse. "I said it wasn’t a race, more of a club championships. He asked me to clarify what I meant. So I said ‘yes, it was a club championship. The winner of the race was Jan Ullrich, a client of Fuentes, second was Koldo Gil, a client of Fuentes, third was me, fourth was Vicioso, another Fuentes client, sixth was Fränk Schleck’. Everyone in the court, even the judge was laughing. It was ridiculous.”

Where Frank goes, there goeth Andy - IMHO.

beastie

Guru
Nope, no particular "hard on" (whatever that means) just musings over a rider who seems to have gone from a contender to an also-ran. As for any allegations, I am sure you can use google...
I looked on Google too, and I have as much disdain for dopers as you, but there is nowt to pin on Andy apart from Frank and Johan. No direct accusation. Can you link some please?

PpPete

Legendary Member
Whether he did dope or didn't dope is irrelevant in a way..... the fact is that he seems incapable of producing the kind of form that he promised a couple of years ago. If he's earned enough from the sport, he might as well go and laze on a beach. I just can't see him coming back to challenge for podium or even top ten, in any future grand tours; so, whilst I'm passionately anti-doping, I just can't bring myself to care whether his current performances are due to something missing in his heid or something missing in his bloodstream.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm sure I read somewhere that Schleck senior has said he thought both his sons should get out of pro cycling and live their own lives. I wonder whether this family affair might also be having an effect on A's motivation.

Top Bottom