Andy Schleck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
....I also don't get the dislike of tomas voeckler, supposedly aloof, arrogant, etc etc sounds abit like wiggins to me...but wiggins is the king of cool, strange very strange..:smile:
Voeckler is disliked within the peloton not by the public.
Everyone I know loves him for his attacking style - personally I quite like him in interviews too, as he comes across as an interesting and modest person. Had a strange childhood - his father was lost at sea and never found, which affected his personality a lot.

Flossyrockstar

Über Member
I find the English, the French (and occasionally the Scottish) half-arrogant, but I'm half-English and half-Scottish so that probably explains it! :wacko:
A semi detached sweaty!!! :tongue:

montage

God Almighty
I also don't get the dislike of tomas voeckler, supposedly aloof, arrogant, etc etc sounds abit like wiggins to me...but wiggins is the king of cool, strange very strange..:smile:

He's a nob.
He doesn't even attempt to fulfill his talent potential as a GC rider - something France could really do with.
He's a nob to other riders in break aways
He's a nob to watch
Bit of a nob to his team mates as well
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgsepZux4kw

yello

Had a strange childhood - his father was lost at sea and never found, which affected his personality a lot.

I didn't know that. Tough break that. Obviously, I don't know how it's affected him but it doesn't change my view of him any in truth. I've no idea what motivates him, how he picks and chooses the moments to perform, but he can seem worthy of superlative one day and just plain ordinary the next. I get the feeling he's no real ambition to be elsewhere though. I think he is satisfied with the status he has - interpret that as you will!

His team mates apparently call him 'Hollywood' (though they'd probably pronounce it 'ollywood'!) because of his theatrics and general camera awareness. I'm aware of the general dislike of him within the peloton though.

I think he's a showman which is in equal measure refreshing and annoying. I can either love or hate his gurning, depending on the mood I'm in.

BJH

Über Member
so by this logic....
1. Linked closely to know doper... thats wiggins and evans knackered...
2. schleck stated unless you're on the podium in paris, then he hasn't really won the tour de france but accepted the uci's decision...

I'm not sure why people dislike the schlecks but if you watch any documentries on them, they come across a fairly likable lads especially andy....I also don't get the dislike of tomas voeckler, supposedly aloof, arrogant, etc etc sounds abit like wiggins to me...but wiggins is the king of cool, strange very strange..:smile:

So he feels he hasn't really won the TdF so thats why he doesn't comment?

If he was genuine he has been robbed of his moment of glory by a cheat yet doesn't feel the need to condemn him and call for lifetime bans. Past experience with others who had the same position is that they didn't shout because they knew they had acted no differently.

I would also suggest that link to known dopers is slightly different in his case when the person in question is his own brother who never seems to be very close to him at all other times, so your comparison back to Wiggins or Evans isn't really the same

Wiggins may be a knob for all I know, or he may be the king of cool but the last time I heard he doesn't have a drug cheat brother.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Daniel Friebe has just tweeted:
"Andy Schleck doesn't have a problem with his weight, and is supposed to be an incredible natural talent. He should be finishing races."

He has a point.

Hont

Guru
I'm not sure why people dislike the schlecks but if you watch any documentries on them, they come across a fairly likable lads especially andy

Remember there's a difference between likeability and cheating. Armstrong should not be our benchmark for all dopers. I really liked Jan Ullrich, but there's not much dispute he was a doper. Andy Schleck does seem like a nice guy (as far as anyone can tell from TV and not withstanding the year-long bleating about 'chaingate') but that doesn't mean I have to believe he's clean.

As the Friebe quote points out, right now he doesn't seem to be able to finish anything. I wouldn't want to be needing the toilet if Andy was in there taking a dump.;)

Andy who?!
(and who is this guy Frank?!)

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I knew a runner once who smashed his pelvis after he got hit by a car. It took him yrs to recover fully, so I'm sure Andy is still somewhat effected by it, but I think the majority of his problems stems from a full on headf**k / loss of confidence.............

..........or a lack of good drugs. :whistle:

beastie

Guru
Although not alone in abandoning the race. Sounds like the weather is pretty miserable out there.
Rule 5 for Andy is what he needs. I reckon this could be career over if he doesn't sort himself out. Doper or no doper what a lack of moral fortitude. Or as we say round my way"total fanny"

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Andy S was riding like a dawg before he fractured his sacrum. He was also back on the bike in the autumn so he's had a fair bit of time to perform better than he is. RadioShack is not a happy place though, in his defence.

Top Bottom