Angry threats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Still reading......

magnatom said:
Am I the only one who is quite enjoying this thread. Plenty of debate, and yet everyone seems to be getting on without arguing. :biggrin:

I bet there are others who have looked at this thread and gone :biggrin:

Origamist

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Have you ignored my reply to you? :biggrin:

Apologies, I must have missed it. I am off on my bike now.

col

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
You see this is something I'm very uncomfortable with - being in secondary and sharing the lane whilst on a roundabout. They tend to be amongst the more dangerous of junctions, and I just don't want to be out of the most visible place in the road, and with a car next to me as well whilst we're both turning.

From previous posts, it seems that we actually think and ride quite similarly, but draw the line at slightly different compromises. I think you're more willing to slow down and help the motorists overtake you, and I'm less willing to compromise my own safety, but it's probably only a fairly subtle difference, rather than a completely different philosophy. Does that sound fair to you?

It does yes:smile:,but i didnt see a problem on that particular roundabout,as it was clear to the left,and wide enough for a safe pass in my opinion

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Origamist said:
Yes, you were mistaken.

Why is it that you feel you need to know my stance? My questions are valid without a potted biog of my cycling modus operandi and they remain unanswered.

As I have stated, I have no evidence that VC is unsafe or is bad practice.

Fair enough on being mistaken, my apologies. On your own stance, I think it's very relevant and don't think you can be credible without being open and honest about it. Good to hear your admission about there being no evidence that VC is more unsafe than other methods, or bad practice.

What are the two biggest causes of KSIs in London? HGV left hooks and doorings. Both of these are easily avoided through proper cyclecraft, and for me that's plenty of evidence to show that it's the right approach to take.

MERV

Origamist said:
Apologies, I must have missed it. I am off on my bike now.

34zad74.gif

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Arch said:
I've come late to this thread, and haven't watched the clip, but I'd just like to confirm that I idolise magnatom so much, I keep a photo of his brain under my pillow....

:biggrin:;)

I'll bugger off again now...

Missed this earlier Arch, just catching up.

I should point out that my brain is only my second best organ. Would you like a photo......

I'll get me coat, a big long black coat.....:biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
mr_hippo said:
It's a 'penalty' for living in civilisation.

No living in a civilised country is NOT having to put up with behaviour like that. You really have a poor grasp of reality if you think that is civilised or rational behaviour.

mr_hippo said:
Looking at the video again, the motorists allegedly 'toots' at poor Magnatom who is annoyed for some reason, does not complete the right turn, stops the bike in a dangerous position and screams at the driver. This is not rational behaviour, is it?

There is nothing to suggest that Magnatom was annoyed. In what way was the bike in a dangerous position??

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
magnatom said:
I should point out that my brain is only my second best organ. Would you like a photo......

He could be right!

http://foundation.unlv.edu/payroll

main_about.jpg

pipeDreams.html

"an organ aficionado and magna cum laude graduate"

:biggrin::biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
Oh bog off! I'm a scientist. I only got a C for higher English. I don't proof read my posts the same way I would a paper, blah........:biggrin:

Do you reply to all your referees comments like that;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
Of course the numbers matter. You are saying that I get shouted at more than most! I have provided figures that in fact I have been shouted at 5 times in 16 months, and only two of them when I was in motion. How can you possibly say, looking at the figures which don't lie, that I get shouted at more than most?

Do you have figures for how often most get shouted at?

Is there a statistician in the house we need a P value for this.... come to think of it there is no adequate control either. We need a volunteer to ride the same route the same number of time in the most submissive manor possible, carried a camera and compare the number of incidents....

OP
OP
M

magnatom

MERV said:
Has magnatom been upsetting the cagers again?

2dsqtrp.gif

Actually I had to drive to work today (half day due to slightly ill wean, poor wee mite!). I like driving home from work every once in a while just to remind myself of why I enjoy commuting by bike so much. Crawling traffic all the way home. Why do folk drive short or shortish distances?!?:biggrin:

Top Bottom