Annoyed with myself. Saw someone stealing a bike. Didn't do anything

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Unfortunately, we have a degree of local input on policing priorities, and people who own nice cars get heard.
You can't not call 999 when you see a bike being nicked and then complain the police don't prioritise bike thefts.

Bike theft is a crime. If you see it in progress call 999, let them prioritise it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Railway Station would be BTP though. Which means it's text 61016.

Drago

Legendary Member
The county mounties will still turn out, they'll hand the prisoner over to BTP to deal. In the very likely event BTP don't have an officer at the station at that moment they will call the county mounties themselves anyway.

BTP are spread so thin and so rarely actually get to to to anything I don't know why we bother having them. A cushy number if you fancy it.

classic33

Leg End Member
The county mounties will still turn out, they'll hand the prisoner over to BTP to deal. In the very likely event BTP don't have an officer at the station at that moment they will call the county mounties themselves anyway.

BTP are spread so thin and so rarely actually get to to to anything I don't know why we bother having them. A cushy number if you fancy it.
"Station" at the Interchange manned 24/7.

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, some are, but most provincial rail stations have no dibble office and can go weeks without seeing a uniform. If Hitler had committed his atrocities at Northampton railway station we'd still be waiting today for someone to turn up and nick him.

A month or so ago I was walking to tje supermarket when a bloke passed me going the other way carrying a bike. It was only a minute later I twigged:shy: the reason he was carrying it was there was still a lock through the front wheel.

What reminded me was walking to the same supermarket only to see another bike locked up to a bollard Cameron style. I was pretty amazed to see it still there when I finished my shopping, I hope it was still there when the owner got back :ohmy:

Two people trying to wrestle a locked bike from a stand and you reckon it's legit?

Of course you can argue the other point of view,but seriously?
I got back from a night out with a mate years back only to find someone had took bolt crushers to his D'lock. Someone must've chased them off. He couldn't get his bike off the pole though as the lock had seriously been mangled. I worked out if we rotated the frame a few times the lock might break, which it did. Thats an innocent example of blokes manhandling a bike to get it off a pole it was locked to. It won't happen often though

classic33

Leg End Member
I got back from a night out with a mate years back only to find someone had took bolt crushers to his D'lock. Someone must've chased them off. He couldn't get his bike off the pole though as the lock had seriously been mangled. I worked out if we rotated the frame a few times the lock might break, which it did. Thats an innocent example of blokes manhandling a bike to get it off a pole it was locked to. It won't happen often though
Just so we know what lock to avoid, how about naming the make.

"Rotated the frame a few times" & the lock broke.

classic33

Leg End Member
That must have been 10 years ago, I couldn't recall the brand, only it was a DLock. It actually must have been decent it survived for long enough an attack with bolt cutters for some passer by to intervene.
No damage to the frame, whilst rotating it?

Top Bottom