Annoyed with myself. Saw someone stealing a bike. Didn't do anything

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randombiker9

So bassically I got the bus to meet my dad in town. When the bus approached the train station (I was sat at the top it was a double decker bus) I noticed that there were two older teenagers/young adults (in hoodies) trying to pull a bike of the racks. (They were racks not stands) They both seemed to be helping each other. When I saw this I was going to get off (Even though it wasn't my stop) but annoyingly I didn't press stop button in time. So I didn't do anything. Is there anything I should of done? Should I do anything now/next time in town even though I'm not in that area anymore.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
How do you know the bike wasn't theirs in the first instance?

Because it was still locked up to the rack. Why would you pull on your own bike without unlocking the lock?

Our cleaner left work and cycled to retail park across the road to go shopping. She lost her key in that period.

So Called me to ask if I could cut it off.

Surprisingly not one person questioned it.

Also,don’t be harsh on yourself. It’s easy to be a hero on the internet. After all it’s only a bike, and not worth potentially getting stabbed over.

albion

Guru
In Reading?
From reading I'm sure.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Next time call 999 as you are meant to if you see a crime in progress.

The police may not respond in time but with CCTV everywhere there is the chance they will be tracked.

Bit late to get @Drago's bike back now though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sorry guys, I know it was late last night but my post was a friendly pith take! I shall flagellate myself severely for wrongly getting you all concerned.

Top Bottom