Annual bonus?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Inspired by @jayonabike and the generosity of his wife, do you/have you received any annual bonus?

I’m a big believer that the recipient should spend it on something they’d like. Years ago Mrs Dave received £100 for passing a qualification, then spent it on the weekly shop, which didn’t please me at all.

This year I have replaced my Garmin and passed my old one on to Mrs Dave.

So have you bought anything nice with a bonus?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I bought an Omega watch with my first bonus in about 2001, still wear it everyday, and it has gone up in value.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
When I worked for Celotape in 1974 before going off to university, I was given a roll of silver sticky tape with Christmas trees on it as my Xmas bonus.

The company I work for acquired Sellotape* and I got a roll of it in a special presentation tin at Christmas (although I also got an M&S voucher). Thankfully not presented to me by a senior manager- guy from the warehouse bought them around.

*I work in R&D but for something else entirely.

U

User10571

Not a bonus as such, but a rebate for having over-payed HMRC, saw to me getting my first Van Nic - and to think that I dithered over what I should do with the money.

gbb

Legendary Member
I generally get a weeks wages bonus at Xmas...this year we brought a new tv with it. We tend to try and buy something significant..for want of a better word, so we seem to have had it for free.

Between 2000 and 2010 I used to get stupid bonuses, and my last year at that company I got £2500 bonus, £1000 more than most other years....and yet I took less home after tax :angry:. That was a very cash rich, demanding company who repaid handsomly for hard work, a fair bit of foreign travel and long hours .Those days, I tended to put it towards our summer holidays.

k_green

My first adult road bike, a few years ago. Definitely spend bonuses on something good!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
This year saw it buy some furniture, perhaps not what I wanted to spend it on, but given we we've only bought 1 piece of new furniture in the 20 years we've been living together, probably an appropriate way to spend it.

Mrs M

Guru
For my 30th year at the same employer I received a £50 voucher.
I purchased a necklace I really wanted (but had to put a fair bit towards it).

Top Bottom