Annual bonus?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pplpilot

Guru
We have a sales incentive. If you go X% (dependent on role etc.)over sales target it's an all inclusive 2 week holiday somewhere exotic for you and your family with 1st class flights. They have very strict rules. A pound off and it's a no go. Personally I'd rather have the £'s

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We have a sales incentive. If you go X% (dependent on role etc.)over sales target it's an all inclusive 2 week holiday somewhere exotic for you and your family with 1st class flights. They have very strict rules. A pound off and it's a no go. Personally I'd rather have the £'s
A holiday is nice but the money is far more practical.
What ever you do never rely on a bonus. I am fairly lucky in my role. Some years I can get a chunky amount, some years I get nothing, but my salary covers my costs, a bonus is exactly what it says, a bonus.

steven1988

Veteran
So for the first time ever last year I worked for a company who paid Christmas bonus. 6% of our yearly salary paid on the 18th of December and 50 quid worth of vouchers.

Never had a proper Christmas bonus before as I've always worked for a company where I was basically a number. It' nice to be appeciated

Freds Dad

Veteran
When I worked in the licensed trade I used to get a good annual bonus which was based on hitting target and customer satisfaction. What they didn't know is that any of the customer comment cards that were negative seemed to get lost on route to head office.

I now work for the NHS were there isn't a bonus paid but getting thanks from patients and their family is more than enough.

Levo-Lon

Guru
When I worked for Celotape in 1974 before going off to university, I was given a roll of silver sticky tape with Christmas trees on it as my Xmas bonus. The chief executive came round and gave everyone in the Borehamwood research labs a similar present. How classy is that?

Well it stuck in your mind :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
No bonus at my workplace , never will be as they hide behind " we're a charity" slogan.

I had a odd perk as a buisnes owner but nothing special as all excess money was usually taken by hmrc

Milkfloat

An Peanut
When I worked in the Netherlands we used to get paid for 13 months of the year, May was a double month. Over the years I have been on share schemes and bonuses, some of them incredibly lucrative, I tend to lob them all in investments so I can retire early and/or sort out the kids education. I always see the money as a pure bonus and don’t rely on it, because we have had a few learn years at times (especially at Nokia).

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
In 1983 I was given two vintage bottles of Knockando malt whisky by a very generous boss.
It was much appreciated.:cheers:
It was only after we had drunk both bottles, over a couple of Friday nights with friends, that I found out how much they cost*.:eek:

* £80 a bottle in 1983 - equivalent to about £225 today

Top Bottom