Annual bonus?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
When I worked in the licensed trade I used to get a good annual bonus which was based on hitting target and customer satisfaction. What they didn't know is that any of the customer comment cards that were negative seemed to get lost on route to head office.

I now work for the NHS were there isn't a bonus paid but getting thanks from patients and their family is more than enough.
Really? Because I work in the NHS and I'm pretty pissed off at pay freezes, below inflation pay rises and the devaluation of my pension. We should not expect our public services to be run on goodwill.

So no bonus for me I'm afraid.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
We get an annual bonus every year based on productivity and quality targets although it is part of the wages pot and comes just in time for summer holiday and is subject to tax.
Needless to say i dont see a penny of it unless you call it the ice cream fund :smile:

MarkF

Guru
As a young kid I got my first annual bonus and blew it all on a Sanyo VTC500 betamax video player. I think it was £299 in the very early 1980's.

In my thirties I worked in the electrical industry and absolutely hated it, at the end of the tax year I knew what my annual bonus would be, but I wouldn't get it till the end of July, meaning I was third of the way to the next one.......................it was very good money, but if I could give every penny back to get back the 6 years of my life I forfeited for money then I would glady do so.

Later whilst setting up a business I had to also work nights to keep cash coming in, I stacked shelves at Morrisons. The manager called me into his banal office at Xmas and handed me my bonus, a selection box, I don't know why he just didn't kick me in my knackers.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
As director of my own company I don't pay the employees any form of bonus. When the company gets its contract renewed or extended the directors declare a dividend and part of that is specifically set aside for one of the directors, me, to spend on memorialising the renewal. Amp, CD player and some nice floor speakers last time.

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 5137934, member: 76"]I was the top performer in England in a quite large pharmaceutical company several years ago, there was also an award for Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland and Eire. We and our partners joined the top performers in all the European countries for 5 days in Florida, all expenses paid, $1000 spending money, meals out every night, various gifts etc. I also earned a £6,000 bonus due to my sales vs target.[/QUOTE]
Any wonder NHS is screwed

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Later whilst setting up a business I had to also work nights to keep cash coming in, I stacked shelves at Morrisons. The manager called me into his banal office at Xmas and handed me my bonus, a selection box, I don't know why he just didn't kick me in my knackers.

Retailers can be cringeworthy. My old company had up to 70% bonus for store managers made up of shares and cash (annual salary £95k). Employees could get a maximum of 3% on minimum wage-ish. Store manager normally got a bonus. The staff didn't get anything most years!

Sandra6

Veteran
At Halfords I was lucky if my quarterly bonus was more than a tenner so it was swallowed up in my wage.
Now if we hit target I get between £50 and £100 a month. I do intend to put it to one side and save up - I'm hoping to learn to drive - but in reality it just gets spent through the month.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I now recall we were all given a Cadbury selection pack at Christmas, left on our desks. Appaz HR had a fit when they found out Non-Permanent-Resources had been given them as "Contractor Scum" rake enough to buy their own sweets.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
At Halfords I was lucky if my quarterly bonus was more than a tenner so it was swallowed up in my wage.
Now if we hit target I get between £50 and £100 a month. I do intend to put it to one side and save up - I'm hoping to learn to drive - but in reality it just gets spent through the month.
My bonus for a year normally comes in at about £600, but you lose nearly a half in taxes.Its not really influenced by how hard i work either , If i work my weebles off all year and get a good review i might get .1 or .2 of a % over the base line pay rise.

Top Bottom