Another Aldi cycling event coming up - 26Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The basic tool kit is fine.

The merino wool says 100% so I will check them out, otherwise the compression base.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I'm going to 'risk' a winter jacket, I was about to scrape together the funds for a Castelli so fifteen quid seems worth a pop even if it turns out to be cack.

The MTB shoes look worth a punt too.
The soft shell jackets are not bad, I have two just now which are a bit worn out. They are decent enough for commuting ?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'm looking for something better than the Lidl condom I wear on long winter rides :smile:
Well that made me laugh :laugh:
I will be looking at getting a couple of the long sleeve jerseys and maybe a winter jacket , as it happens i have the day off as i have a tradesman around that day to knock a wall down and put up a fence , his prices were competitive enough to make it worth paying him for the work so i can also pop down to aldi when it opens.

crazyjoe101

I'm thinking about picking up the 100% merino top/bottoms, winter jersey and the gloves. Not sure if I'll go for the (thicker?) merino shirt too though...

Chris Norton

There are two jackets and I'm torn between the two. The winter jacket and the waterproof one. How "water resistant" is the winter jacket? I would think that the waterproof on a long ride would get a bit sweaty.

I need a pair of tights and waterproof trousers for work so these should work a treat.

Top Bottom