Another "giving cyclists a bad name" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

There is a disproportionate number of new cyclists on the roads just now, they've not learned etiquette or road craft and are a complete PITA.
We all as cyclists want more cyclists on the roads, but it's kind of questioned my conviction to that lately.

Yesterday I was undertaken (nearly) twice by an idiot in a jag. First time was as I approached a right turn (signalling). He had to stop then straight after the right turn, he decides to undertake me using a bus lane. There are idiots everywhere.

dodgy

Oh and I also have a large group story, yesterday on Wirral, group of at least 8. Unusually for me I uploaded my ride to strava just to see if I could find them on Flyby, I did. If anyone wants the link I can put it here, you'll be able to see for yourself, maybe comment on their ride :laugh:

Seriously though, idiots. This lot looked a right mess, too.

Oh and I also have a large group story, yesterday on Wirral, group of at least 8. Unusually for me I uploaded my ride to strava just to see if I could find them on Flyby, I did. If anyone wants the link I can put it here, you'll be able to see for yourself, maybe comment on their ride :laugh:

Seriously though, idiots. This lot looked a right mess, too.

Not sure how to comment on Strava but I'll have a look and see if I recognise any user names or if they have links to bikes?

Drago

Legendary Member
The newspaper has singularly failed to point out that the signs are merely advisory and carry no legal weight. Can't think why theyd do a thing like that. The signs pre date the Canal and Rivers trust who do permit cycling on the towpath, and advise all users to abide by the towpath code.

They've not actually done anything unlawful, they're permitted to exercise and the social distancing bit is guidance, not law, so I'm not quite sure what the ruddy face yokels are prattling on about.

dodgy

I often see a comment like this but we were all new once.

Indeed we were, but we didn't all start riding the same month of a single year.

gavgav

Guru
What does everyone expect when the Prime Minister is fine with his close adviser doing a 250 mile trip with Covid 19 symptoms? Then a 30 mile test drive with dodgy vision?

If the ones making the rules aren't abiding by them, why would anyone else?
Because they are decent human beings, who understand that they need to abide by the rules, for the greater good and that the longer they don’t abide by them, the higher the death toll will be and the longer this wretched thing will be around?

Or is that too much to expect and millions are in the sod everyone else mode?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
There is a disproportionate number of new cyclists on the roads just now, they've not learned etiquette or road craft and are a complete PITA.
We all as cyclists want more cyclists on the roads, but it's kind of questioned my conviction to that lately.

Jeepers, I dread to think what your view of learner drivers or, perish the thought, children cycling is.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Even now I have not seen groups of more than 10 cyclists passing my house. My house is on a popular cycling route and part of next years TDF course.

.Most of the restrictions are lifted in Denmark but the Danes have been fastidious in the governments applications and will stick to small groups unless told otherwise.

Maybe this is why we have come out of this better than most countries.

Top Bottom