Another "giving cyclists a bad name" thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reported on local news that there was a group of 50 cyclists going alongside the Bridgewater canal in Warrington.
Locals are not happy.
I wasn't there and I certainly didn't count them so can only repeat what it said. Whatever the numbers, its not good at the best of times but now :sad:
I saw a few groups of 3, 4 and 6 and I thought similar, could the Covidiots not wait till Monday, but 50 :ohmy:

dodgy

Even now I have not seen groups of more than 10 cyclists passing my house. My house is on a popular cycling route and part of next years TDF course.

.Most of the restrictions are lifted in Denmark but the Danes have been fastidious in the governments applications and will stick to small groups unless told otherwise.

Maybe this is why we have come out of this better than most countries.

It's a good job you keep reminding us about how Denmark is amazing at managing stuff, otherwise I might forget.

Will Spin

Über Member
As far as I am concerned, apart from the consideration of whether or not cycling in a group contravenes government guidelines I can't see a problem with it. I cycled 50 miles last week with a friend and it seems to me that you've actually got to try quite hard to get less than 2m apart unless cycling side by side, in which case there surely isn't much risk as the possibility of virus cells travelling sideways across 15mph headwind must be negligible.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Because they are decent human beings, who understand that they need to abide by the rules, for the greater good and that the longer they don’t abide by them, the higher the death toll will be and the longer this wretched thing will be around?

Or is that too much to expect and millions are in the sod everyone else mode?

Obviously there's a small minority in the 'sod everyone else mode'. Sadly, they include those holding daily televised briefings telling the population to do one thing whilst they and their pals do another.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It's a good job you keep reminding us about how Denmark is amazing at managing stuff, otherwise I might forget.
My point was that it will end quite soon for all of you in the UK. If you want to put another spin on it so be it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom