Another Jeremy Vine video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If I was that guy I would give up on cycling. He does this for effect. If he could not stop in that space on a Brompton there is something wrong with him. Plus all the sound effects he has to make.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Whatever you think of Vine the van driver was a plonker. I suspect Jezza wanted to make a bit of an incident of it and it does illustrate what cyclists very often have to put up with in an urban environment.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Whatever you think of Vine the van driver was a plonker. I suspect he wanted to make a bit of an incident of it and it does illustrate what cyclists very often have to put up with in an urban environment.

His face didn't betray that when we saw him briefly at the end of the clip. I thought he was confused and worried. The person who made an incident of a van driver making a mistake was JV. People make mistakes, it happens.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The driver did look worried after the event, but that's no excuse. At the very least he should have seen JV approaching which was (soon to be) behind him, so he just put it in reverse and darted backwards. Yes some would have carried on through at the same pace and got out of the danger zone, but they shouldn't have to really. 100% driver's fault however much you like or dislike JV

Mike_P

Guru
Anyone seen any indication of how well the Brompton fared? Also where the incident was?

DRM

Guru
I genuinely believe that if JV couldn’t read what was going on and just back off a bit of speed, none of that would have happened, he is a prize tw*t of the highest grade, all done for the sake of keeping him and his stupid videos “in the public eye” he does more harm than good for the cause of cycling, with him on my side I feel a lot more unsafe due to the annoyance he causes to motorists, that regard cyclists as a sub human species, he needs to stick to buses and shanks pony imho

newts

Veteran
JV could have avoided the incident by slowing down when he first saw the van turning. He's an aggressive sanctimonious p***k on a bike, this attitude will end up with a serious injury sooner or later.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
I don't agree. If a van cuts across your path, it is not obvious that it's then going to suddenly reverse. I don't use this phrase much but that is certainly victim blaming

But it didn’t cut him up it turned right nowhere near him, and it was glaringly obvious what was about to happen, when I’m riding only one person looks after my well being, me, I seem to have stayed safe both in the UK & France, by not riding like a self important cretin, he was going too fast, and thinks his camera makes him invincible, when all it makes him do is go causing himself problems

Top Bottom